RR won't get focus back Grrrr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR won't get focus back Grrrr.

I am sooo close to getting my IMageviewer skinned with buttons etc. The ONLY problem I am having is that when I click a button like "next" code = "sendkey;%{N}||Getfocus" RR will not take focus back from my pic viewer! Is there anything I can do? I'm the orignal author of the pic viewer, so is there someway with VB I can help the situation?
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Wait a minute, I think I already solved a similar problem once before by using a sendkey for alt-tab to give focus back... I forgot. I'm gonna try when I get home. I'll post the results for future reference.

Please help.

Comment

I've been playing around with a VB.NET app that can talk with RR, and I found that often you need to send the FOCUS command multiple times to get it to regain focus.
      eg. "AUDIO||GETFOCUS||GETFOCUS"

Also, maybe it's case-sensitive too (not sure on that though).
      Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Multiple times? That's extremely weird. I'll gladly give it a try, thanks.

Please help.

Comment

You can also just use the VB command from your pic viewer to re-activate RR... something like below should work:

appactivate "RoadRunner"
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

that's what I was really looking for Guino, thanks.

Please help.

Comment

Guino, AppActivate works like a charm! Why couldn't they have put that in my guide book? Thank you very much!

Please help.

Comment

Couldnt RR just be fixed so that GETFOCUS works 100%? would make it much easier

Sending "MAIN||GETFOCUS" never works for me, not even if I throw a few more GETFOCUS's in the command. AUDIO, DVD, etc work fine, just not MAIN.
                Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod
                  Also, maybe it's case-sensitive too (not sure on that though).
                  I don't think any commands are case sensitive, guino passes the commands in the code as Lcase.

Please help.

Comment

Sending "MAIN||GETFOCUS" never works for me, not even if I throw a few more GETFOCUS's in the command. AUDIO, DVD, etc work fine, just not MAIN.
                    The command works fine, but depending on the APPLICATION it will obtain focus and the application will steal it back after the GETFOCUS has already been executed.. so it will work with some but not with all -- there's just no way to know when the app is done trying to steal the focus from RR so it can't really be made bullet proof...
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Try "Main||Activate;RoadRunner" I think that worked for me before. Also if you are switching between 2 windows, you can send a sendkey command for alt-tab which will effectively return focus, windows style, back to the orginal program.

Please help.

Comment

Working...
                      X