messenger??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• messenger??

I am by no means saying that whilst driving Im going to be using msn messenger, however, I have been thinking now for some time whether it is possible to incorporate the messenger into roadrunner and a skin. Im attending a few shows this year, and a fair couple are weekenders and also there are a few other situations in which I would like to be able to use messenger within, also with the possibility of some sort of voice regonition to type msgs (prob a shot in the dark that this could even be done, however, the mind is never happy). Does anyone have info on controlling msn within roadrunner or could point me in the right direction to look? Or tell me to sod off if nots not even possible! Im not talkin totall control just to start a convo with someone etc.

As far as total integration goes, it sounds interesting. personally, I'm happy using my messenger within my webbrowsing skin with the osk. As far as speech goes, there is already a conscious effort by WhodWho to add a dictation method of Speech Recognition to his RR modification. If you aren't familar with his mod, dig up the thread, its close by. The Speech Recognition so far is coming along quite nicely and is reallly quite capable. Its also very simple and really light on system processes!
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

use your phone using bluetooth.
      puppetmaster can do the trick.

Comment

if you want to use speach, why not just start an audio convo in msn, and just talk? That way your hands are free to do whatever and its easier than any other option that requires typeing in a car unless u have a fullsize keyboard.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I made a skin for rr and had trillian working great check it out!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59093
          2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

because i dont want audio as far as someone else being able to hear my voice. i have a phone conversation type phobia so Id rather have the voice to type the msgs even if there were typos now n then.

Comment

There's a frontend called MediaPortal which is aimed at home setups but it has MSN integration, so it's not impossible to integrate MSN into RoadRunner.

Until then, you're stuck with MSN Messenger and the windows OSK
              A calm approach in a troubled world...
              http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/CarPC

CONSOLE_RR Project in progress...
              DC UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
                I made a skin for rr and had trillian working great check it out!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59093
                Have you been able to change trillian to a larger font?
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                  Have you been able to change trillian to a larger font?
                  I know in Trillian you can change the font size, etc so I'm assuming it's possible.
                  Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

for whatever reason none of my trillians font can be adjusted. The edit menu option is there but it doesnt do anything.
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by MC_Stoo
                      There's a frontend called MediaPortal which is aimed at home setups but it has MSN integration, so it's not impossible to integrate MSN into RoadRunner.

Until then, you're stuck with MSN Messenger and the windows OSK
                      Yehhh I'm famous.

Back on topic ( for a change with me lol ) - The best way forward would be to produce a 'co-pilot' copy service copy and infact this was some thing that me, Steveig, Gobby looked at a while back to be coupled with the forth coming Infomatics stuff.

Now I'm not sure if it will be include but certainly the comms and infrastucture would be inthere.... how ever would it connect to MSN ? Now thats another question by its self.

Terran
                      My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                      X