Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Album Artwork...Searched but can't find an answer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album Artwork...Searched but can't find an answer...

I have embedded Album Artwork into my MP3 files using iTunes. When I use RR, none of the Artwork will show up in the window. Any way of making this work without me having to go and physically find the artwork to put into the folders? Thanks.

not currently. For performance reasons, RR will ignore images embedded into the MP3s.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino have you considered of leaving an option to enable it for people who want it and have powerfull pc in the car?

thanks
      2005 BMW X3
      • Motorized Lilliput 629GL-70P
      • 3Ghz Commell LV-672
      • 300G HD / 1G RAM
      • Griffin Powermate
      • Motorola MPX220 + Leather craddle

Comment

yes, i too want it

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
        CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
        Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Shamingo
          I have embedded Album Artwork into my MP3 files using iTunes. When I use RR, none of the Artwork will show up in the window. Any way of making this work without me having to go and physically find the artwork to put into the folders? Thanks.
          Why don't you just use a winamp plugin like TOASTER. It is highly configurable
          and then CLIP the area in your skin where you want it to display. Works great for me.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have planned to make a little background "plugin" to set the album art image in RR when it is present in the MP3.. just have to sit down and do it.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              I have planned to make a little background "plugin" to set the album art image in RR when it is present in the MP3.. just have to sit down and do it.
              Sign me up for this feature. I have a lot of one-hit-wonder tunes that are the only song from a particular album so organizing by album (or even artist) is worthless for me. I'd like the ability to associate art with individual songs (even if it isn't the cover art - maybe just a photo of the artist). Admittedly, iPod owners may not want this small amount of extra space in the file, but it's a great option for the rest of us.

Originally posted by guino
              For performance reasons, RR will ignore images embedded into the MP3s.
              Why would this cause any significant performance hit? I would think that it'd take a fraction of a sec to load one small image only when a song is selected.
              Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
                Why would this cause any significant performance hit? I would think that it'd take a fraction of a sec to load one small image only when a song is selected.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
                  I'd have to jerry-rig a lot of code to make the same ID3 Tag reading function for the playlist parse the album art only for the current song.. the way this will work will be through a small background application that will set the current album art in RR when it's present in the TAG.. I've already started working on this, just need to find time to finish it..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Any update on this??? How about reading WMA tag art??

Comment

Bump
                      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Bump. Still no ID3 art in RR? I can't believe it. Is there no solution to those of use who have no complete albums but still want to see the album art of the currently playing song?

I don't really understand how that Clip-Region trick works. How do you position the art viewer perfectly behind RR's clip-region?

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
                          I don't really understand how that Clip-Region trick works. How do you position the art viewer perfectly behind RR's clip-region?
                          Trial & error. Took me close to an hour to get everything exactly where I wanted it.
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

And you just trust it to always open in the same spot? Can't you move it by accident with a drag or something? How does someone using your skin re-produce this position?

It would be cool to have an Auto-It script position it or something.

Comment

I started work on this and ended up not finishing it.. I I got sidetracked with a bunch of other stuff at the time. I'll get back to it.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X