No announcement yet.

Video issue, erroring out for no reason

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video issue, erroring out for no reason

is anyone else haveing this problem? I just installed the last known working version of winamp. Not the latest, the last known working. Music plays fine. But when I click video it errors out on me asking me if i want to send a report blah blah. I know my video settings are working properly. I have the latest ACE codec pack. I cant figure out what else it could be.

Winamp is NOT used for video in RR.

What you're seeing is normally a codec issue. I know for a fact that many codec packs have a screwy version of FFDSHOW, and they may cause RR to crash. You can either use MPC (uncheck the built-in player option in RRConfig), of uninstall/install codecs until you find out which one is giving you trouble. I believe the latest FFDSHOW codecs work fine, but I know some of the previous versions didn't. While I don't even know if that's your issue, I can guarantee you that if you're using the built-in player, the problem is certain to be a codec issue.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."