RR and DSATX usb interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR and DSATX usb interface

has anyone thought of programming an application to control and read from the DSATX serial interface? Would be kinda cool to be able to adjust shutdown delays, and pull voltage information, and the like thru RR instead of having to launch hyperterminal, or some other terminial program
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

First off, I have no idea what is DSATX.. but I can tell you something right away, if you can command it using Hyperterminal, chances are that you can command it using the RUN command in RR and a simple .BAT file... you just have to work a little harder in figuring it out.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

A DSATX is another psu - 220w one, and I love it after only using it for a day as a temp install into my car. I'd love that as well, not only for showing current (as in present, not voltage lol) status in addition to being able to program it. I'd be happy to help test (and maybe assist in developing) something to do this. Shoot me a pm and we can get started.
      My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by guino
        First off, I have no idea what is DSATX..
        tut tut

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
          tut tut
          You're telling the master to , That is funny

Comment

Originally posted by MGD
            You're telling the master to , That is funny

I refrained from linking him to the search screen and calling him a n00b

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
              tut tut
              I was only directing him in the right way... There's a difference between wanting to know something and not searching, as opposed to NOT wanting to know something and NOT searching..

@peece: I'm really not looking forward to adding support to anything that specific directly in RR, but if you post some details on the commands you wish to use and the details on how you use them on hyperterm, I can most definitely guide you on how to get this to work.

As I have posted in the past, I have no need for extra hardware/software in my car, but when someone *really* wants something to be directly supported in RR, I can easily try to add it... but I won't even try without one those power supplies here to test, even if just borrowed for development.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino, I am by no means asking for support (yet ) to add this feature. To me this is a project and I'd rather tackle it to learn about both RR and the DSATX itself. If I manage to get it working, woot for me, right? I was commenting to gameboy that I think it would be great and it might be fun to put in as a one-off (or in this case, two-off).

If I can't seem to figure it out after asking a few questions, I'd be more than happy to work out an arrangement.
                My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  I was only directing him in the right way... There's a difference between wanting to know something and not searching, as opposed to NOT wanting to know something and NOT searching..
                  yeah yeah, whatever. you have been owned by the scouse monkey!

Comment

with the DSATX you can control it via a communications port, and also recieve data from the dsatx(temeratures, voltages, etc). by control, you can change the shutdown delay, low voltage shutdown point, etc..

heres a link: http://www.mpegbox.net/dsatx.html

the programming/serial references are in that pdf.
                    95 Mazda Protege LX
                    Worklog
                    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
                    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
                    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

Working...
                    X