Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: 2nd OSK

Hey Guino,

Any chance of having a second/alternative osk? Over the weekend i worked up an OSK just for iGuidance but i want my osk for apps and seaches to be the standard osk.

my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Just use SkinBedder.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

There's not much I can actually do to improve the application OSK in RR.. you'd have to tell me what it is that you think it's wrong or missing on it so I can try to improve it.. but as I said, there's very little I can do to improve it..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Can we launch two instances of OSK? I mean OSK 1 = Text, press button and change to OSK 2 = Numbers

Comment

how did U skin the osk for IG?
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

@ 0l33l : i will have to take another look at skinbedder. i checked it out briefly but after about 15 minutes i gave up and figured it would be easier to just photoshop an osk skin and use autoit to move the ig windows to where i wanted them.

@guino: i'm not asking to modify the osk. the osk is great the way it is. i'm asking for an additional osk. i'm hoping that it would be an easy thing to add since it would be the same as the existing osk, just another instance using a different launch command. right now if i use "APPOSK" in my skin, it pulls up my original osk screen. I named my second osk "IGOSK.skin" but to call it i need to use the "MENU;IGOSK.skin" command. This pulls up the screen but none of the keyboard buttons work. My request is for a command like "APPOSK2" for example that would pull up OSK2.skin or something like that.

@ls: i didn't skin ig's osk. i'm using rr's osk with a clipped window so that i can see the ig windows. i'm using an autoit script to look for, move, and resize ig's navigation windows as they pop up so that they fit nicely into the clipped window.

i started doing this because i installed a carputer into the company truck and my dad took it on a business trip recently. His eyes are getting bad but he refuses to wear glasses so he can't see so well on the 7" screen. I just learned to use autoit so i figured i'd try to hack up something real quick for him.

Comment

I'll see what I can do.. shouldn't be hard to add another OSK.. or even more.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'm looking to do exactly this aswell. A second OSK would be great. iGuidance's keyboard is too small.

Let me know when this has been added aswell please, Guino!

LLOYDY
                - My 2003 E46 BMW 318Ci Completed Install
                - Simplistique RoadRunner skin download
                - Team QuidGrid.com on the 2006 Mongol Rally

Comment

Originally posted by lloydy
                  I'm looking to do exactly this aswell. A second OSK would be great. iGuidance's keyboard is too small.

Let me know when this has been added aswell please, Guino!

LLOYDY
                  Use SkinBedder. That's what it was designed for. Or use iGMod if dealing only with iGuidance.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Wow, I've got to give this a shot, looks like a really great idea.
                    1998 BMW M3
                    Mods: Staggered SSR Competition wheels : M Roadster Short Shifter : JTD Aluminum Underpanel : Koni Adjustable SAs : Eibach Pro-kit springs : European clear corners and side markers : Hardwired V1 automatic door and radar detector

Comment

Can you release or tell us how you incorporated the bigger OSK to use with IG? I don't like IGMod because it changes the entire program, takes long to load, etc.. I like IG.. I just want a bigger OSK!

Thanks!
                      Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

i was planning on releasing it as an update to my roadrunner skin. i am almost done at this point. i have an autoit script that i run when i enter my iguidance gps skin and another one that runs to kill the first script on exit. the script runs a loop while the gps skin is running, looking for certain ig windows. whenever an ig window comes up that has that useless tiny ig osk, the script sends girder an event which then tells roadrunner to open the osk. when the ig window with the osk goes away, the opposite happens and the osk is closed.

my only problem now is because the script has no way of knowing if my osk is on or not unless it controls turning it on and off, there is no exit button on the osk. this creates a problem for other screens that use the osk. that's why i asked guino for a second instance of the osk. if you don't use the osk for anything else except iguidance then it's ok, but i know a lot of people use it for other embedded apps and the search function. i'll post the files probably around lunch time today.

Comment

Yea, I use the OSK for search as well..
                          Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Isnt it also possible ot make a simpler set up? I was planning on putitn ga button at teh top of teh external GPS skin that opened the RR OSK. Attach sendkey commands to the buttons on the OSK to send letters to Iguidance.
                            This idea would also need a second OSK one with sendkeys and one without.

Does this work? not as slick as a keyboad that opens on its own when you need it, but easier to do, i think. (for non coders like me)

Comment

that's how i had it set up originally, but i wanted to cut out a step. it actually makes a big difference, not having to hit the osk button when you need it to open. if you want to do it this way, the original osk without sendkeys works just fine with ig. you'll need sendkeys for {ENTER} and {ESCAPE} and probably the arrow keys but all of the other keys work.

i wouldn't really call myself a coder. autoit is pseudo code... i haven't touched any real coding since college. i am going to release the autoit scripts which open and close the osk automatically depending on the ig window that's open. all you need to do is add a command to your skin to run the scripts when you enter and exit the gps skin and have girder running (i'll also provide the girder gml file) so really it isn't going to be that difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X