Skins with Multiple sizes
    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

how's that different from:

"SETBUTTON;1;AUDIO"
    "SETBUTTON;1;AUDIOGPS"

B1,xxx,xxx,...,"WHATEVER"
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I was thinking global as in all skins would recognize this without having to set it in all your skins - “Mode;gps;audio>>audiogps” – and know witch command to use

With "SETBUTTON;1;AUDIO" you have to set it in all the skin

With the global thing you would only have to set it one time in one skin and all the other skins would know what command to use -“Setmode;gps;1”
      2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Maybe this will work instead

I never saw this before

Can you switchbutton in this INC stuff like the regular skins?

/, (INC) Include Section
        /, Include FileName
        INC,myfile.skin

The above allows you to include a file (within the skin path) with common definitions for the skin.
        The file format is the same defined here, except that it should not have the header section (first 3 lines)
        and should not have the END marker. The specified file will be loaded at the position of the INC line defined
        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

you can use switchbutton in the inc files no problem.. just remember that the content of the file is virtually placed at the position of the inc definition (so count the lines above and in it when using switchbutton/label etc)... this is still only in the test version..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

sweet! When did include support go in? I'm going to redo my skins tomorrow!

edit: Whoops, just read that it was in the test version only. Excited to see that in release.
            1998 BMW M3
            Mods: Staggered SSR Competition wheels : M Roadster Short Shifter : JTD Aluminum Underpanel : Koni Adjustable SAs : Eibach Pro-kit springs : European clear corners and side markers : Hardwired V1 automatic door and radar detector

Comment

Guino is it possible to separate the 2 button counts and have them independent counts

If you have the (inc) at the top then you need to change all the buttons in the skin file and if you add a button to the (inc) then you have to go back and change all your skins again

If you put the (inc) at the bottom – well this is almost in possible because button count is different in all skins
              2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Threadjack: what about adding a window in rr that is a dedicated explorer (you know when you right click on start and select explorer)...that would be neat...you could then boot directly into rr and not miss anything.
                PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                - Alpine W200/H701
                - ED Nine.2X
                - OZ Matrix Elites
                - ED Nine.1
                - Idmax 12's

Comment

Well if I try to do what I want to do with the setbutton, switchbutton and the (INC) I would have to change over 400 buttons and trace each one thru all the steps. – I do not think I would live this long. So the only way to do this easily would be to set some sort of switch some were that all skin buttons would be able to read from.

These switches would have to be stored in the RR program or some were so the skin buttons would be able to read them at any time.

Example of setswitch
                  ”setswitch;1” = standard mode – shows just the play list and would default to this at RR startup

”setswitch;2” = gps mode – this button would be in my GPS skin to turn on and off the map in all players and show up over the play list
                  Sample button in gps skin - B,,”setswitch;2||switchbutton;1>>setswitch;1||swit chbutton;1”

”setswitch;3” = rear view camera mode – this button would be in my ATI TV skin to turn on and off the camera in all players and show up over the play list
                  Sample button in TV skin - B,,”setswitch;3||switchbutton;1>>setswitch;1||swit chbutton;1”

Example of the use of the switch ones set
                  B,,,”switch;AUIDO>>AUDIOGPS>>AUDIOCAM” – this would run the command depending on witch setting the setswitch was set
                  B,,,”switch;XM>>XMGPS>>XMCAM”
                  B,,,”switch;RADIO>> RADIO GPS>> RADIO CAM”

ExecTBL.ini
                  "AUDIO","LOAD;audio_player.skin;MP3's "
                  "AUDIOGPS"," LOAD;audio_gps.skin;MP3's;C:\Programfiles\iNav\iGu idance\iGuidance.exe;iGuidance "
                  "AUDIOCAM","LOAD;audio_player.skin;MP3's||SHOWWIND OW;TV;TRUE"

I think this would be a very useful thing for setting any type of variables

Anyway here my thoughts
                  2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

You could use it to run programs once only in a RR session or till you decide to run again

Button
                    B,,”switch;LOAD;xxx.skin;xxx||RUN;C:\\.exe||setswi tch;2>>LOAD; xxx.skin;xxx”

I know you can do this with switchbutton but if you have this button in multiple skins it knows witch command to use
                    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

man, you've got some of the most complicated skins I know... you do realize we're turning this "skinning" deal almost into a programming language on itself right ??

anyway, the setswitch idea is not bad.. I can probably add that easy, except we should use different separators.. (ie << instead of >>)..

About the INC deal, sounds like the best thing would be to provide alternate setbutton and switchbutton functions that would work based on the identifier of the button, like "SWITCHBUTTONID;B01" -- then it would switch the code on the B01,xxx... line no matter where it is in the .skin file.. then something like "SETBUTTONID;B01".. in the same manner..this requires a little re-structuring in the inside, but wont affect performance or anything.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                        man, you've got some of the most complicated skins I know... you do realize we're turning this "skinning" deal almost into a programming language on itself right ??
                        The reason my skins turned out to be so complicated was to keep the memory down and try not to open a lot of .jpg’s
                        My weather, weather detail, radar, calendar, APPS, Launch, car care, sketch, winc, net stumbler now all use the same empty off on down .jpg’s
                        Trying to get the most bangs for the buck with all those switch stuff.
                        anyway, the setswitch idea is not bad.. I can probably add that easy, except we should use different separators.. (ie << instead of >>)..
                        The main reason for the switch thing
                        You would not have to carry a switchbutton form skin to skin
                        The switch would always be there when you need it in a skin – even when you use screenlimit=11 or /DISCARDABLE and lose switchbutton
                        A way to set variables that any skins could check before running a command

Might want to name the switch so you could have more then one

I think it would open a whole new level of skinning

About the INC deal, sounds like the best thing would be to provide alternate setbutton and switchbutton functions that would work based on the identifier of the button, like "SWITCHBUTTONID;B01" -- then it would switch the code on the B01,xxx... line no matter where it is in the .skin file.. then something like "SETBUTTONID;B01".. in the same manner..this requires a little re-structuring in the inside, but wont affect performance or anything.
                        Yap I agree with you – to bad you didn’t think of that at the beginning with all switch stuff
                        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                          The main reason for the switch thing
                          You would not have to carry a switchbutton form skin to skin
                          The switch would always be there when you need it in a skin – even when you use screenlimit=11 or /DISCARDABLE and lose switchbutton
                          A way to set variables that any skins could check before running a command
                          Might want to name the switch so you could have more then one
                          I think it would open a whole new level of skinning
                          Yap I agree with you – to bad you didn’t think of that at the beginning with all switch stuff
                          Variables have always been thought off man, but once you go that route, everything may get really complicated..

As far as the ID thing, I did think of it in the begginning, the previous method is just faster, and doesn't require numbering your objects.. the ID method DOES require you to number/identify the objects and is technically slower (though probably unoticibly).. so I always had in mind that I might add the ID version later (along with the current method).
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I wouldn’t mess with the ID thing if you were to add setswitch – switch thing it would take care of a lot of it
                            2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

I'll try to work on it as soon as I can, so you can test it..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X