X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vis problem

HI!
    Running RR on a dell inspiron 9300 w a 7 inch LCD in an s-10

Question,when I am playing mp3's,and click on the visualisation it wont come up.
    Do I need to downgrade my winamp..running new version.. or is there a setting I dont know about?
    You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

1-open winamp, select the visualization plugin you want to use, then winamp
    2-open RRConfig, select the SAME visualization plugin, and save it.
    3-Run RR, if you press the vis button and it doesn't embed, then I'd suggest trying a different skin or a different plugin.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

will do!
      thanks.

Comment

well,its starting it,but its staying behind rr.
        i am using the skin it came with,ill try a few others.

Comment

ok,can you recomend a skin that is actualy done/works...lol

Comment

im under the understanding that version 2.9 is the best version to embed the visu etc. I tried the newer one first before i noticed this and it wouldnt work for me too.

Comment

theres a vis on nearly all skins. What vis are you using maybe we can help you find the correct window name.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

i am using the skin bmv2.

Comment

1-tell me which visualization plugin you have selected in winamp
                  2-tell me how is the line in your RR.INI that starts with: visuname=

The only way the vis. plugin doesn't embed is when those settings don't match or when the skin doesn't define the space to embed the vis. If you are indeed using the BMV2 skin, then it can't be a problem with the skin -- unless you've modified it somewhere..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

i'm looking at using a dell inspirion 9300 as well lets hope i don't run into any issues looking at a xenarc 7"

Comment

ugh lol i was just reading through because i DO have this problem and then i noticed i posted before lol. alright well here is the deal i have the newest version of rr digitalfx winamp and milkdrop

milkdrop is selected in winamp and the config for rr and it will display a circular vis thing when in the music browser but it will not play anywhere else, however what i want is an eq like visualization similar to the one found here [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBdMU7F1SQ[/media] about halfway through where it is embedded behind the top bar and also in the mp3 screen.

Comment

found the display i want though ave another issue so i created another post for it

Comment

Working...
                        X