Gesture questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gesture questions

I have a couple questions about gestures in RR.

1. How do I completely turn off the gesture system?

2. Is there a way to disable it in a screen? Eg so I can drag my navigation map around with my finger in the satnav page? Not just disable the commands, as the gesture prog still recognises my pressing of the screen, even if it takes no action.

cheers

Jamie

to disable it entirely, add this to RR.INI:

usegestures=false

to disable it on a screen, add this to the .skin file of the screen:

NG,0,0,800,600

PS: This information is found in Readme.txt and Skin Commands.txt
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino, sorry I must have skipped over that part, 8-( Thanks for the quick reply anyhow.

cheers

Comment

Hello,

could someone explain gesture? For what or why do I need gesture?

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

gestures are the ability to draw a letter or symbol on your touchscreen to execute a function. For example, drawing the letter "N" on the screen can send you to the navigation screen, Or drawing the letter "h" will send you back to the home screen.

This can be very useful, and saves having to try and press a button somewhere on the screen. You can now do the same thing without having to take your eyes off the road. Not that you should probably be doing that anyway! Depending on your local laws....

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, now I understand!

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

There's a video here: http://www.rrdownloads.net/Gestures.avi

Just read gestures.ini and test it with Gestures.exe
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
              X