Opening on resume, closing on hibernate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening on resume, closing on hibernate

Whenever I resume from hibernation, I have to exit out of skinbedder and then reopen it for IG to reconnect to my BT GPS. I know skinbedder doesn't actually close, but clicking on the X in the external GPS window and then clicking on the GPS icon in another screen is sufficient to re-establish the BT connection.

What would be the correct commands to do this automatically such that when going into hibernation it exits the GPS screen and resumes it once the PC is powered on? Would I place these in the execbtl.ini file?

"ONSUSPEND","EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN"
    "ONRESUME","RELOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN"

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

it would be load;external_gps. Reload loads the entire skin all over again. For ONSUSPEND you want "CLOSE"
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Like this?

"ONSUSPEND","CLOSE;EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN"
      "ONRESUME","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN"

Both of these commands would be placed in execbtl.ini?

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

just close will do you can leave out the ;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin part. Keep in mind that doing it this way will always make ur computer resume at the gps screen.

Comment

I had a chance to try this out, and I didn't seem to work. Is the ONRESUME command the same as clicking on the "X" in the GPS screen? That's what I really need.

Comment

Try this:

"ONSUSPEND","CLOSE"
            "ONRESUME","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN;skinbedder;C:\P rogram Files\Skinbedder\skinbedder.exe;skinbedder"

First line closes the gps.skin with the program thats embedded and takes you back to the main menu
            Second line loads the gps skin with gps program embedded. The window name for skinbedder could be wrong there but just change it accordingly

If that doesnt work then you might have a problem with windows closing rr before rr can run the commands listed in tbl.ini. The hibernate wait time can be adjusted in the registry tho i dont quite remember how.

Comment

If you want to be able to close the GPS app when hibernating:

"ONSUSPEND","CLOSEWINDOW;skinbedder" (or whatever window title you use)
              "ONRESUME","RUNQ;c:\...\skinbedder.exe"

The above *should* work both when IN the gps screen or OUT of it (on any other screen) without ever needing to use the close button. If you use "CLOSE" or "LOAD" for anything like that, you'll basically be restricting or forcing the screen to be there/come up when you may not want to.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I have a similar question.

I just started using hibernate and I have most things worked out.

When coming back from hibernate I want it to act like it is a new bootup so I would like it to be at the menu screen and playing my audio (mp3's)

I've tried many different variants using the onsuspend and onresume but have had no luck.

Currently ONRESUME has the setvol at 1 and that is working I tried to follow that with ||AUDIO||MENU but that didn't work because if I had it in XM during hibernate then it would load audio for a second or two then go to XM.

I tried doing the CLOSE from ONSUSPEND but that didn't work.

When I normally load RR it starts AUDIO and displays the MENU, I would like it to do the same coming from hibernate.

Thanks,
                Chuck

Comment

Did you try everything at the ONSUSPEND (before hibernating) ?
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi Guino,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I tried close;XM
                    I tried close

Is this what you are asking?

Thanks,
                    Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckster
                      Hi Guino,
                      I'm not sure I understand your question.
                      I tried close;XM
                      I tried close
                      Is this what you are asking?
                      Thanks,
                      Chuck
                      No, I thought you said you tried:

"ONRESUME","SETVOL;Master;1||AUDIO||MAIN"

and I wanted you to try the same but BEFORE hibernating:

"ONSUSPEND","SETVOL;Master;1||AUDIO||MAIN"
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

AH OK. I gotchya.

Going to try now and will update this when I get the result.

edit.....This did the trick. I get about a second or two of the beginning of the song before it jumps to where it left off but I can deal with that.

Thanks,
                        Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          If you want to be able to close the GPS app when hibernating:

"ONSUSPEND","CLOSEWINDOW;skinbedder" (or whatever window title you use)
                          "ONRESUME","RUNQ;c:\...\skinbedder.exe"

The above *should* work both when IN the gps screen or OUT of it (on any other screen) without ever needing to use the close button. If you use "CLOSE" or "LOAD" for anything like that, you'll basically be restricting or forcing the screen to be there/come up when you may not want to.
                          This *kinda* worked, but not completely. When resuming, skinbedder will take about 85% of the screen horizontally. The main window can be seen behind it (in the remaining 15% of the screen). I have a screen cap in the car which I'll post later. my guess is this is a SB issue, not RR.

Comment

Here's the screen shot. I'm assuming it's a skinbedder problem.
                            Attached Files

Comment

just seems like it's coming up-front (without embedding) in despite of the RUNQ.. is there a parameter to launch it on the background ? otherwise you can try to add: ||GETFOCUS after the RUNQ command. The idea is that RUNQ would launch the application on the background (hidden) so that when you opened the GPS screen, it would be brought up-front.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X