Problem shutting down with RR as shell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem shutting down with RR as shell

Hey, I have roadrunner set as my system shell, and everything runs fine. However, when I go down for reboot or shutdown, rr closes, then a few seconds later I get a message saying it can't be started because the system is going down. and then behind the message I see rr logo like it's starting again for a second or two, then the system powers off like it should... is this supposed to happen? should I worry about it? It doesn't seem to affect shutdown (other then slow it down a bit I assume)

thanks

Because RR is set as your shell, when it gets closed, it is automatically restarted, just like explorer. There's probably a way to fix that, but I have never bothered.
    In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

ok, well what would the fix be? explorer doesn't seem to restart when I shut down... :P

Comment

try replacing the shutdown command with the windows shutdown command line tool... do a "shutdown /?" to see the parameters and use the RUN command to see if it works better. I never tried running RR as shell.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

It shaves a few seconds off boot time to music.

The fix is likely mentioned here somewhere.

Try setting AutoRestartShell to a value of "0".

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
          In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Working...
          X