Parrot Bluetooth carkit for CarPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrot Bluetooth carkit for CarPC

I was just looking at the parrot website because i'm still not happy about the phoco integration in my carpc.

As i was looking at the models i saw this :

http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/i...d=carpc_ck5000
    http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/index.php?id=ck5000

Any chance roadrunner is gonna support it ?

I can't seem to find any prices yet.

At times like this i really get sick of myself because i can't program.
    I would love to prog a module, but i guess it will be finished in about 3 years if i'll take a go for it.

Update: Prices found, http://store.pressdigital.com.au/sto...95b60e192397c9
    +/- 227,- USD

I'll guess i will buy it for that price if it would work. Because a ticket for calling without a carkit here in the netherlands is the same price

I think that looks sweet (i see Flashdeck is breaking new ground again).I'd like to see this in RR too,but there are obvious hurdles,like Guino probably hasn't got 1 to test with for starters.This can be solved though if there is enough interest and the device is available in small quantity(The price listed is for test samples).IMHO Phoco is a weight around RR's neck that we would be better off without (its never going to feel OEM lets face it)
    Finally a real solution.

Count this as my vote for the Parrot
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Bump
        P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

well, this looks like a "partner" of streetdeck.. it would take convincing them to provide me documentation for this CK5000 along with a sample. they may not be willing to do that -- the CK5000 doesn't even seem like it's for sale either.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
            well, this looks like a "partner" of streetdeck.. it would take convincing them to provide me documentation for this CK5000 along with a sample. they may not be willing to do that -- the CK5000 doesn't even seem like it's for sale either.
            Hi Guino,not sure what you mean by Not for sale,the price is listed here:

http://store.pressdigital.com.au/sto...95b60e192397c9

Its listed at $299 au dollars(for a test sample)

Just to clear things up a little i've emailed them with a few Questions

How to Get Documentation?
            How to get a sample?
            Do they have plans for a retail version?
            If no retail version is planned What is the minimum order for bulk purchase?

I thought this might give us an idea if there's any future in it.

Comment

this looks like a very promiseing piece of hardware, but at AU299 ($227 USD) i dont think its gonna fly to well for most, there are a bunch of cheaper alternatives, like just getting a car handsfree kit and bypass the whole computer intergration alltogether. Something ive been seriously considering. PhoCo just isnt cutting it, im sure everyone agrees on that much. The bugs, unstableness, time consumeing setup and configuration are bordering the point of outweighting any features and its benifits. But phoco has come along way in its defense, and a lot of people have worked at getting it functional in RR (hats off).

so we'll have to wait and see what the CK500 has to offer, hopefully something at a decent price.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

for that price, I'd get myself a phone that works well with phoco -- I didn't have a single issue whatsoever with my SE T637...
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                  this looks like a very promiseing piece of hardware, but at AU299 ($227 USD) i dont think its gonna fly to well for most, there are a bunch of cheaper alternatives, like just getting a car handsfree kit and bypass the whole computer intergration alltogether. Something ive been seriously considering.
                  Have you gone . I thought intergration was the whole point of this (RR)(CarPc) exercise.

RR has recently benefited from HQCT intergration and i think this modular construction is the way forward for RR (including components built for the purpose) instead of beating a dead horse so to speak.
                  I can't argue against the great strides being made but i can argue that the man hours that have gone into phoco intergration and setup could buy us all a CK5000 and its still not right.

I dont see much of a future in saying to people "best to change your phone" or worse still "If thats what you want you'd be better off with StreetDeck".

Comment

Originally posted by Griff1
                    Hi Guino,not sure what you mean by Not for sale,the price is listed here:

http://store.pressdigital.com.au/sto...95b60e192397c9

Its listed at $299 au dollars(for a test sample)

Just to clear things up a little i've emailed them with a few Questions

How to Get Documentation?
                    How to get a sample?
                    Do they have plans for a retail version?
                    If no retail version is planned What is the minimum order for bulk purchase?

I thought this might give us an idea if there's any future in it.
                    That price is crazy, considering that the CK3100 unit that Parrott sells is about 200 bucks. I know, I got one for the GF. It is actually an amazing unit. Works perfectly with all the phones we have/ have had, her SE, Razr, V600, and Blackberry. Now, if we can get it working with RR, I would be SOOO down for it. If not, then I am gonna get a Parrott kit for my car, and forget the CARPC integration idea.

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                      That price is crazy, considering that the CK3100 unit that Parrott sells is about 200 bucks. I know, I got one for the GF. It is actually an amazing unit. Works perfectly with all the phones we have/ have had, her SE, Razr, V600, and Blackberry. Now, if we can get it working with RR, I would be SOOO down for it. If not, then I am gonna get a Parrott kit for my car, and forget the CARPC integration idea.

Michael
                      Thats £110 GBP,a V600 here OFF contract is a lot more and whats more i love my phone (Nokia 6310i)its a phone and a modem and not a tarts handbag full of gimmick's thats so tiny you cant see the buttons.So what if it can't get satellite Tv, "Its a phone"..

Comment

Thats £110 GBP,a D600 here OFF contract is a lot more and whats more i love my phone (Nokia 6310i)its a phone and a modem and not a tarts handbag full of gimmick's thats so tiny you cant see the buttons.So what if it can't get satellite Tv, "Its a phone"..
                        HUH. What the hell are you talking about. No one here is talking about a phone, we are talking about the parrott module, and the parrot BT Handsfree car kit. What are you talking about contracts, Nokias and D600's????? And tiny buttons and Satellite TV?

Michael
                        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken you chimed in on this thread and have said you have had v600,razr and such(expensive phones no?) but the price of the parrot module is crazy.
                          £110 to do all i want with my current phone is a bargain,Proper RR Phone intergration is better than saying get a new phone(as some have suggested),thats all i'm saying!
                          Oh and $299 AU is $227 USD,so how is that worse than your GF's $200 non intergrated model?

Comment

If i'm not mistaken you chimed in on this thread and have said you can afford d600,razr and such but the price of the parrot module is crazy,£110 to do all i want with my current phone is a bargain,thats all i'm saying!
                            Actually, I was chiming in saying the price of the module is crazy IN COMPARISON TO A COMPLETE PARROTT UNIT. See, that is why I used a comma and then said "considering" in the first sentence. They are not seperate thoughts but a single thought.

I never said I couldn't afford it, or that I wouldn't buy it. Just that I found the price CRAZY for a module in light of the cost of a complete unit.

Michael

Comment

Edit

Comment

Working...
                              X