Phone help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone help please

I have RoadRunner running just about perfect for me, except I've never tried phone integration, and I would like too.
    I have an Orange SPV C500 smartphone. Can anyone tell me if this might work and what else, apart from Phoco and a Bluetooth dongle, I will need to get it up and going.

Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

I hate to tell you that as far as i know Phoco doesn't deal well with smart phones,and i'd be very suprised indeed if Phoco supports your Microsoft os handset.
    I might be wrong though so just in case here's a link to Phoco 1.5 = http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUHUPSO3

You could just try it and see.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

I have a "smartphone" too and it doesn't work with phoco either. If your phone is not in the compat. list of phoco, then you shouldn't keep your hopes high.. I've only heard of some WinMobile 4.2 phones working with it. but like Griff1, I thought no Winmobile phone worked at first.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        Looks like I must revert to Plan B
        Sooo, If I get a compatible phone...just to keep in the car.
        Can anyone suggest a blutooth phone model that will EASILY set up in Phoco.
        Preferably one that I can buy cheaply second hand, maybe an earlier model ?

Wizz

Comment

well i dont
          know if the word "EASILY" and PhoCo should be used in the same sentence. But if your looking for a cheap phone that works with phoco i would have to suggest the SonyEricsson T610, the original phone that phoco was developed for.

01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Never had an issue with my old T637.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I use a Nokia 6310i,works very well and sets up easy.
              P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

I have an MPX220 Smartphone and it works fine.
                Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by all your help
                  I'll check out your phone model suggestions....I think it must be the way to go.
                  Cheers

Wizz

Comment

yea. i have the same phone that you do but the american version, the audiovox smt5600 and i too have been trying to get it to work with no luck, even though my phone is listed on the compability list

Comment

I've now got a T610 as advised. Can someone give me a bit of extra advice.
                      I don't have a "plumbed-in" car kit, but what I do have is a Jabra SP100 bluetooth speaker/mic kit.
                      Can I use this for the audio feed, or is this "too much" bluetooth. ?

Wizz

Comment

Can anyone help me with this ?

Wizz

Comment

I'd say the phoco forum would be more helpful for setting up your phone, but basically, it all comes down to having the widcomm drivers in place and then setting the services you'd like to use. If you want to use the computer as a "headset" widcomm will allow you to do that -- as for the native drivers that come with your bluetooth dongle, I don't know what all they have (or even if they work well). But I was able to connect to my T637 for audio, control (RR) and dial-up all through the BT and all at once (or so I remember) -- If I still had my old phone, I could prob. give you some steps, but I don't.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                            I'd say the phoco forum would be more helpful for setting up your phone, but basically, it all comes down to having the widcomm drivers in place and then setting the services you'd like to use. If you want to use the computer as a "headset" widcomm will allow you to do that -- as for the native drivers that come with your bluetooth dongle, I don't know what all they have (or even if they work well). But I was able to connect to my T637 for audio, control (RR) and dial-up all through the BT and all at once (or so I remember) -- If I still had my old phone, I could prob. give you some steps, but I don't.
                            Sorry Guino,
                            Are you saying that I could use a Mic on my CarPC for phoco. My PC audio out already goes through the car audio system, so could the PC be used for both ?

Comment

yes, but it only depends on you setting it up propperly. It's kind of a pain, but I've done it and didn't like the resulting echo of the car's speakers going back into the mic..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X