divx choppy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divx choppy!

hello, i am just writing to report of my latest problem. well, as the title says it, my divx are playing choppy but the thing is that it just started by itself. ok this is the thing, outside of rr, i right click on the divx and select, open with winamp, it opens and it plays it great, nice 25fps and smooth. i do the same thing but select, open with media player, and it plays it choppy. why? what is the difference between the 2? in RR, using the default skin (brushed aluminum), i select video and select a file and its choppy. does RR use winamp to play divx or media player because its plays them the same as if they were being played using media player and it if it does use wmp, how can i select it to play with winamp, thanks. I dont know what happened, it used to play smooth before but then just recently, it started acting up. thanks

It sounds like a codec problem,i had the same thing till i downloaded the COMBINED COMMUNITY CODEC PACK,you can google it,its free.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

i just DLed it, did u install both players or which one? thanks for the quick reply

Comment

I just installed the Mpc player and changed nothing in RR.
        P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Open MPC, go to options settings under the view tab. Then under the highlighted player tab, in the far lower right corner check the box next to "process priority above normal". Run it and see if this helps.

On some systems it does.

Comment

Working...
          X