Do you want a full installer ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want a full installer ?

Just wondering if anyone would like me to make a RR full installer ? This would install everything including winamp 2.95 so all you need to do is point it to your music \ video folders.

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Good idea! This will be very handy for newbee's!
    Maybe the package can be more complete, like adding Destinator, and N64 emulator + some games. I still don't know how to add the games
    AsRock AM2 dual VGA
    AMD Sempron 3000+
    512MB DDR
    3,5" 80GB harddrive
    Liliput 7"
    TFT 15"
    M2-ATX

0% [OOOOOOOO-] 100%

My install

Comment

I defenitely think a full install would be a great idea because it would simplify installation. Being a noob myself, I am still trying to configure RR the way I like it and am constantly finding little things that I need to adjust accordingly because some parts were peice-mealed together when I first downloaded the program. Looks like Guino just released a new version that is packed with new features too. Maybe you could even include a copy of your skin too, CDRSkull, as it seems pretty popular and I like it myself.
      Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

Originally posted by Flappy
        Good idea! This will be very handy for newbee's!
        Maybe the package can be more complete, like adding Destinator, and N64 emulator + some games. I still don't know how to add the games
        No, the full installer should only include the basic stuff like Winamp 2.95, VB runtime library, RR and the default BMV2 skin. Anyone who wants to add more stuff can do it later. No one needs a bloated system with features they'll never use.
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Why not? Have the user have the option of "full install (everything, codecs, apps, etc), limited (winamp, rr) or custom (checklist type install).

Comment

exactly.. that's kinda what i envision when i hear "full installer"
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

yea def. a good idea....

How bout making it have options with checkboxes next to them, so we can pick what we want..and also have some off the stable completed apps...like draw 1.0, copy tool, xport, etc...
              [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
              [iGmon]
              Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

YES! Personally, i think that would be great....my dream is that one day it will also include an ibus version (for bmw...since it's working correctly)...that can also be checked in the installer. It should also ask "Would you like Roadrunner to start with windows?" <---- one less step is always better imo.
                PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                - Alpine W200/H701
                - ED Nine.2X
                - OZ Matrix Elites
                - ED Nine.1
                - Idmax 12's

Comment

great idea...i like 3onDubs idea too...i bus option would be perfect

Comment

i would love it and im not even a n00b
                    any thing that simplifies my 'puter use is good in my book
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

should even include a bunch of skins.. from my limited experience with RR, it seems such a pain in the *** to manually install the skins.. :dunno:
                      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I am very much a noob but been around reading diligently for the past few weeks and think it would be a great idea as long as it would not hinder performance. But a check box install option would solve that! Hope you make it!

Comment

i think a "FULL" installer would be awesome. And when i say full i mean "FULL" including all the latest "COMPLETE" skins. With options in the installer for;

minimal: just install latest ver of RR
                          complete: install RR and winamp
                          extras: install any RR plugins
                          skins: choice to install which skins from list of complete available
                          full: install everything
                          full upgrade: only install latest ver of components allready present

that should take care of everything.
                          if the installer was small and linked to components online that would be great too(think windows update, or online update"

If that is too much, for one installer, maybe seperate installers for differnt things. like an installer just for skins etc.
                          If you dont mind me asking, how are you making the installer? I would like to package my skin like this.
                          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

That is a GREAT idea....
                            Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

to expand on my post a little more, with the assumtion it would be implemented that way.

For skin developers, each skin would have its own self contained installer, and each skin dev would be responsible for getting there skin included in the list of available skins to install. I imagine the main installer could look to a dir online and basicly list every individual installer listed (dir only for skins). Then download each skin and install one by one.
                              Same for other options in the installer.
                              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Working...
                              X