RR performance and video card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR performance and video card

I am not sure if this belongs in the hardware section or not, but because it is directly related to RR I put it here. I currently have a 16MB Voodoo3 video card, Amd 1.4 processor and 256mb ram. Would I help the performance of RR if I went to a better video card or where would my money best be spent performance wise?

Depends on your "performance problem"! I have a 600 MHz with 256M and integrated on chip graphics and I don't have any problems with RR. What is really your problem?

Comment

Well I guess I can not say I have a problem I would just like to make sure the screen change over speed is as fast as possible. I am following the RR tweak threads. I did notice some choppy DVD play back but I am using a usb 1.1 port on a 2.0 dvd drive so when I upgrade that hopefully it will solve that issue. I am fairly new to this and try to read as much as I can before I post but I wanted to get it in the car next week so if I had to buy a new card I wanted to do it now.

Comment

If your using an external (not on-board )anyway i doubt the graphics are a problem or will be,if i were you i'd get more ram and use the pre-loaded screens option from the new RR code
        P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

when i preload the screens it has brief intervals of sound from each is there a way around that?

Comment

Originally posted by jac1502
            when i preload the screens it has brief intervals of sound from each is there a way around that?
            What do you mean ?
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Well I assume I was doing it correctly I was adding entries like in rrconfig:

RADIO||TV||LIST||AUDIO||MAIN

And for radio and audio and TV in my case I was getting sound form that function as the screen loaded

Am I doing it wrong? Sorry I am very new to this.

Comment

of course you're doing it wrong. Get the latest RR and read ReadMe.txt.
                Code:
                preload=<FILENAME>.skin
                This allows you to pre-load specific screens when launching RR. You can add as many 'preload=' lines as you desire,
                but keep in mind this will increase the time necessary to load RR. It does however reduce considerably the time it
                takes to launch a screen for the first time -- virtually to the same time it takes when it's already loaded.
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Just out of curiosity what is that line in Rrconfig for? Just so that when RR opens it opens a specific function first not the main screen?

Comment

that's one use for it. It's possible to execute any command though, meaning, it's not limited to launching a different screen.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                    X