Memory upgrade or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory upgrade or not?

I am currently running 2 128mb sticks of PC133 with an AMD 1.1ghz processor. Because of my opus only being rated at 150 watts I already have to drop down to one hard drive and I may have to remove a stick of memory to lessen the load (supposedly 1 stick = 14 watts) If I do go down to one stick I will 128 be enough or would I see a difference if I went to say 512? I love RR but do not really know its memory needs. I am running winamp 2.5? and playing with both windvd and powerdvd not sure which ill use yet and phoco as of now but will add GPS soon. My pc is still not in the car yet so I have not tested with the opus as is but I want to be safe. Any suggestions?

Where did you see that info about the "supposedly 1 stick = 14 watts"
    [B]Car Computer 98%[|||||||||-]
    Install Plan 100%[||||||||||]
    Styling 20%[||--------]
    Install 0%[----------]

Comment

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Do you feel this site is correct? i hate to spend more money on this but i want a good system

Comment

I would say alot of what there saying is just [email protected], yer ok it may use more wats but not that many and I really wouldnt worry about it, upgrading your RAM could be good I have 1 GIG in mine and find it does a very nice job, and I have lots and lots of stuff on the pc that would use alot of power and its great
        [B]Car Computer 98%[|||||||||-]
        Install Plan 100%[||||||||||]
        Styling 20%[||--------]
        Install 0%[----------]

Comment

Just to run XP with a good amount of work space I would already suggest 512Mb -- 256Mb Minimun if you don't want to have any major slow down because of memory. And no, never heard of such thing as memory using that much power. As long as you get memory of quality grade (or that you know is compatible w/ your board), you should be ok.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X