Auto-starting tracking in Streets, and SENDKEYS by active state

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-starting tracking in Streets, and SENDKEYS by active state

I've been trying to get S&T to automatically start tracking, rotating, and creating GPS trail when it opens, instead of manually having to click all those checkboxes. I got it to work (sort of) by using the following command:

B18,700,547,099,052,"LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS_STREETS.SKI N;;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\Streets.exe;Microsoft Streets & Trips||ACTIVATE;- Microsoft Streets & Trips||SENDKEY;%TGS||SENDKEY;%TGM||SENDKEY;%TGA||A ctivate;RoadRunner","STREETS"

It seems to work fairly well, but if I add a 4th SENDKEY, %TGG, to create the GPS trail, then none of them work. Ok, I could live with that, but...

The main problem here was that if I left the STREETS skin to edit my playlist or whatever, when I go back into STREETS again, it hits the same SENDKEYs and this time DE-activates the tracking and other things.

So I started thinking of creating a button inside my STREETS skin, so that STREETS gets opened first, and then I hit a button to activate the tracking, map rotation, GPS Trail, etc. The syntax was basically the same as above minus the actual call to start STREETS, since it would already be running at that point. The results were a little different. This time, if I hit the activation button for tracking once inside the STREETS skin, etc, it would work properly, all the tracking functions starting up. Then if I hit it again, it would shut off properly. Then, hitting the button a third time to RE-activate the tracking, it would show the popout menu that is part of STREETS, it would activate the requested checkboxes, and then immediately deactivate all of them except for the main "Start GPS tracking" checkbox.

If I then hit the button again, it would deactivate properly, and then hitting it again would activate all the functions properly. So it was a weird cycle, where one time through it would work properly, the next time it would not, then it would, then it would not.

So, is there any way to programmatically control a button so that if the tracking functions are already enabled, they get ignored the next time you go into the STREETS skin, using code similar to my first example at the top? I'm not sure how to go about this, or if it's even possible...

Basically, something like if %TGS, %TGM, %TGA, %TGG are already active/activated, then ignore them, otherwise activate them...

'01
    Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
    the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
    project progress: 99%

I believe you could use the newly added ONSKINSTART event or are you wanting it in a button?

Comment

Hmm... is it possible to have S&T start via ONSKINSTART, but not have it visible at all until the user actually goes into the EXTERNAL_GPS_STREETS.skin file? In other words, S&T would open as soon as the skin is loaded, but it would run completely in the background, not visible to the user, until they actually go into the gps skin? If so, that might work.

'01
      Hang on while I defragment my car...

the Acura ITX project
      the Acura ITX skin for RoadRunner
      project progress: 99%

Comment

-Added support to pre-load specified screens at startup

I think you would add the skin to a pre-load list and then it would run the ONSKINSTART string for S&T

I have not used either of the commands yet but would be the direction I would investigate.

Comment

AutoConnect

Sounds like a really good idea. I thought of auto connect and auto comm search in commtest2. Maybe in the next version. http://briefnotion.250free.com/ Im thinking I should have called it Google Earth navigator.

Forum: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77830

Comment

Seems like you could use some variable in there.. with variables it is possible to make your button that loads the S&T screen execute your sendkeys only the first time around and not the next times.. but it takes a lot of testing and trying out to figure out why this or that sendkey works or not.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

S&t 2006

Did anything come of this?

Comment

Working...
              X