Question regarding Loadimg and flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Loadimg and flash

is it possible to load an image using the LOADIMG command on top of a flash movie? Here's basically what i wanna do. First pic is normal, second pic would be if iguidance is in guidance mode (thanks to igmod!) the image is just photoshopped for now. This would probably be easier in flash but i have NO programming skills. So what i'm doing is using an autoit script and exec.exe. Here is my code that loads the image

Run("C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\MC2.5\exec.exe LOADIMG;170;127;205;200;600.jpg;OUT")

Code works.. but image appears under the flash. Label still displays tho!
    Attached Files
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Because flash goes on top of everything, you'd have to do it in flash. Other than that, all I can suggest you is that you make a discardable menu screen (as a popup) and run the command to load it when necessary -- it would display centered and on top of everything else. Then the same popup could use the TIMER event to close itsefl after a few seconds. This shouldn't be very hard to do, but let me know if you can't figure it out.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Question: Can he get the graphic in the right position if he creates a full pink image with 4 one-pixel dots on the corner edges and the image in right place? I'm not sure if RR can act like this?

EDIT: Sonicxtacy02, your webpage crashed my computer. lol
      Attached Files
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

yes, if you make that pink transparency for the empty image it will work. you don't need the 4 pixels though.. RR centers the screen by the original size and not by the resulting transparent window. You don't even have to have the full screen size, just enough to be centered at the desired position (because menus will always be centered).

So this should work too:
        Attached Files
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

gonna try to do this today. Will post results

My website is truly outdated. Since i started doin all this road runner crap its turned into a mixing bowl of conflicting java and flash scripts lol. Link removed

Comment

i got it working (sorta) the non-flash way but i'm gonna attempt to do it in flash now as it does seem like the cleaner solution. I have the basic elements and tweens down now i just need to learn the scripting. I guess i should ask before i start if its possible to put a flash movie on top of another flash movie. Else i'll have to add it to the main.swf already on the skin.

Comment

flash guru's ... i need your help!

I'm having no luck doin actionscript. All i really need is to check if iguidance.exe is running. If so have the graphic in the "down" position, if not have have it in the up position (out of the stage area hence invisible). The Play() command makes the graphic just loop as if its in the test movie window.

Comment

ugh cant get the two flash movies to play nice with each other. Oh well looks like i'll have to do it the non-flash way.

Comment

try asking CdR for the origional .swi file... He might be kind enough to let you mod it for this.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

FD already has inbuilt indicators / eta / etr which only appear if routing with freedrive.. I will make the file available if anyone wants to play. Please remember MC was one of my first attempts with flash, so its not the cleanest of coding.. let me know if you want it and I will post it in the first post of the ~MC1.0 post

CdR
                    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                      FD already has inbuilt indicators / eta / etr which only appear if routing with freedrive.. I will make the file available if anyone wants to play. Please remember MC was one of my first attempts with flash, so its not the cleanest of coding.. let me know if you want it and I will post it in the first post of the ~MC1.0 post

CdR
                      Yea i'd definitely like to have a play. Now that iguidance has the ability to use nextturn labels i think it would be great to add to the mc2.0 skin

Comment

Woo hoo got what i wanted added to the swf version. Doesnt play properly of course but at least i know my scripts work.

Comment

Got it finished in flash but whats wrong with the movie control?

ok i have the flash movie completed and i've relocated it so that its not on top of another flash movie but for whatever reason the movie controls cause it to not play in rr. Basically i want the banner invisible (off-stage) unless a file exist (c:\guidance.txt). If the file does exist the banner should move onto the stage. Here is my actionscript:

Code:
                          play(1);

var myLV = new LoadVars();

myLV.onLoad = function(success){if (success){gotoAndPlay(20);
                          } else {gotoAndStop(1);

;
                          }}

myLV.load("c:\\guidance.txt");

fscommand("SETLABEL;CUSTOMiGNextTurnStreet;Loading...");
                          if i erase the movie controls the movie loops in rr. With the controls the movie doesnt even appear at all. here is a copy of my skin, the .fla, and the guidance.txt file (just a dummy file, put in C:\ to test). Also attached two pics... first is without movie control code, second is with. If i run the movie outside of rr it works as it should. I'm using flash home version 8.
                          Attached Files

Comment

when using custom labels with flash you have to have both the label name and the setlabel command using the CUSTOM word instead of the !.. plus, I am not sure but flash may be case sensitive with the variable names ?? you may want to check that. otherwise your dynamic text variable may always be empty. (This is all coming from someone who knows barely anything about flash -- me).
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

thanks guino. I got the label problem fixed i just dont understand why the movie isnt working as it should. When i open it in IE it does as intended. In RR it doesnt move at all, tho as you can see in that pic above you can see that its there (there's an underline where the movie moves out)

Comment

Working...
                              X