Scrolling issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling issues

Hello all! I have searched for this but didnt find anything specifically related to this..

I recently converted from Media Engine to RR and wanted to use my Shuttle Express. I have the volume control set and the selection button set, however scrolling up and down in the XM and MP3 lists is not stable. I use the controls to press the keyboard up and dn buttons and it will scrollthe mp3's or xm channels as planned. However, if i were to go into the list to select a different directory i loose the ability to scroll once i selected a directory and am back intoe Audio or XM screen. I tried setting the Keytbl and the program to identify the key codes for up and down and added it to the ini file, but it didnt help. Does something change focus when i select a different directory? If i exit and reenter RR it works again.

Any suggestions?
    I am using the Alpine Green 800x600 skin.

Thanks again.. and wonderful program!
    -Jack
    2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
    Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

you're probably pressing the wrong button buddy. There's a BROWSE command to go in a folder and a BACK command to get out of it -- neither of which change focus or change screens. The SELECT command however selects the folder and returns to the audio player (as you so put it), but that's the button you press when you've chosen what you want to listen.

The suggestion is for you to try a different skin and see how it works. then figure out what's different in the other skin.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      you're probably pressing the wrong button buddy. There's a BROWSE command to go in a folder and a BACK command to get out of it -- neither of which change focus or change screens. The SELECT command however selects the folder and returns to the audio player (as you so put it), but that's the button you press when you've chosen what you want to listen.

The suggestion is for you to try a different skin and see how it works. then figure out what's different in the other skin.
      Thanks.. ill try loading another one up and see if it works.
      -Jack
      2006 Chrysler 300C AWD

Comment

Originally posted by guino

Switched to Brushed Metal and does the same thing.. I used the keyboard up and down arrows as well and it works initially, however if i use the mouse or touchscreen to select MUTE or to pull up GPS i loose the ability to scroll with the up/dn arrows. Strange... The only way to get to work again is to exit RR and reload it and it works fine.
        -Jack
        2006 Chrysler 300C AWD

Comment

that's not a bug, I thought you were saying something else. The KEYS up and down (which you failed to mention you were using) by default control the CURRENTLY Selected object (list/slider etc). if you want to control ONLY the list then just edit exectbl.ini and add those lines to it:

"CTRLUP","UP"
          "CTRLDOWN","DOWN"
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X