Rr Vis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr Vis

I'm probably gonna get ripped into but I searched the forum can't seem to find an answer.

Just running roadrunner on my laptop to make sure i know how to use it first and what not...loaded some music and its great. So far I love this front end its just perfect in my mind.

But when I click on the visualization button nothing comes up, do I have to install something else, does it even open as a part of the roadrunner screen instead of lets say the playlist or something? Any advice would be helpful, thanks

setup vis options in rrconfig.exe
    use classic skin in winamp
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I see
      Visualization Plugin :
      O Milkdrop O AVS Window O Other(window title) [textbox]

???

Comment

So choose one!
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          So choose one!
          None of them work!

No matter which I choose when I click on the visualization button nothing happens.

Comment

you have to match the choice in rrconfig to the available choices in winamp (i think)In other word, the vis you want to use must be installed in winamp before rr can use it ( guino correct me if im wrong)..... so close rr and open winamp,then open the vis config screen ( right click in winamp title bar; visualiation; select plug-in) i use either 'advanced visualization studio' or the 'sexy attached analyzers' . Once you confirm the vis you want is installed and working ( you should test in winamp just to make sure it works....) it time to get the class name (using winspector spy http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45526) of the vis window. now close winamp and open rrconfig and enter this info into the vis section. If the vis your using is not listed, choose 'other' and enter the class name in the box with an exclamation mark (!) infront of it. Save and viola your done. It should now work.

If it doesnt work, pray, repent your sins and try again LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/856246

Please visit my new site http://www.Gigabitcustoms.com

My worklog http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52720

Comment

AVS is built in to winamp IIRC, but you need to download and install milkdrop. You will also need to go in to the milkdrop configuration and uncheck integrate with winamp or you get a stupid border around the vis. Milkdrop is pretty CPU intensive on ITX systems or at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
                AVS is built in to winamp IIRC, but you need to download and install milkdrop. You will also need to go in to the milkdrop configuration and uncheck integrate with winamp or you get a stupid border around the vis. Milkdrop is pretty CPU intensive on ITX systems or at least in my experience.
                Where can i get milkdrop?
                I'm running a pentium 4 so maybe it wont be as intensive i duno?

Comment

Dude, do you ever search? Do a Google for milkdrop.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by V6Stang
                    Where can i get milkdrop?
                    I'm running a pentium 4 so maybe it wont be as intensive i duno?
                    Originally posted by b8bboi
                    Dude, do you ever search? Do a Google for milkdrop.
                    lol

as b8bboi said just google "winamp milkdrop" you should have no trouble finding it.

Comment

as b8bboi said just google "winamp milkdrop" you should have no trouble finding it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, like i've said before my computer knowledge is limited and my knowledge on winamp is next to none so sorry. not looking to be spoonfed but i didnt even know milkdrop had anything to do with winamp.

Comment

ok so i downloaded it, picked milkdrop in the rrconfig. but still nothing shows up when i click on vis button....

Comment

Originally posted by V6Stang
                          ok so i downloaded it, picked milkdrop in the rrconfig. but still nothing shows up when i click on vis button....
                          So you installed the Vis correctly. Now open up winamp and right click in the area that plays the graphic equalizer and select "visualization options" or you can use alt-o. On the left you will see a menu tree, click on "visualization" under "plug-ins" and not the one under "options". You will probably see 3 visualizations listed on the right; AVS, Milkdrop, and Nullsoft tiny full screen. Highlight Milkdrop by clicking on it and BAM, it is now your winamp Vis. You can now hit the close button if you want, but I suggest you hit the configure button first to do one small thing.

So you hit the configure button, you should be on the "common settings" tab. There are three different sets of configurations for the various display settings. Look at the 3rd one down, "Windowed Settings" and uncheck the box that says "Integrate with Winamp". This way when using the Vis in RR the stupid Winamp border won't be around the Vis window and it will integrate much smoother. You might also want to change the full screen mode resolution to match the resolution of the screen you are using.

So that is pretty much it and of course make sure you have the correct Vis selected in the RRconfig file selected.

There are various other options in the config menu, but I would read up on those before you go making any changes to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X