Winamp Version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp Version?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything...

What version of winamp is reccomended with Road Runner? What versions definately aren't reccomended?

Thanks

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45570
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Just as a heads up to everyone, winamp version 2.95 was causing terrible, periodic static on my computer. It almost sounded like data noise (like an sms message transfer, if you've ever heard that). I tried all kinds of things, but the only thing that fixed it was upgrading to winamp verion 5. Note: rolling back to versions of winamp previous to 2.95 did not help.

Below is the specs of my setup, incase anyone else runs in to this problem.

Via Epia 10k
      Sound blaster Audigy Nx2
      512mb ram
      XMD1000
      Windows XP
      Road Runner

I don't actually know what was causing the static - while the static was happening, I ran perfmon and did not see any anomolies in HD, network, memory or CPU activity.

Keywords for future searches: Noise, Hard drive static, winamp noise, road runner noise.

Comment

I broke winamp 2.95 good on my system. It was running/sounding good for 6 months before one day it just stopped running. Even a reinstall would not get 'er to fire. Anyway I upgraded to winamp 5.21 with the classic skin and it works perfect.
        Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

The only times I've had winamp stop/crash were:

1-with bad plugins installed
          2-when my hardware had issues (shortly after it leterally went up in smoke)

But you should use whatever suits you best anything 2.91 or above should work.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

if you visit www.oldversion.com and try some of the earlier versions, maybe you will then find something that will work best
            Brown 2010

Comment

same problem

i'm having the same problem, but with the newest version of winamp. its happened for a while now, version 5 up to 5.5

i was using my onboard realtek 5.1 surround sound driver

now i got a sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer edition from my friend, same problem

i thought it was winamp's directsound output plugin

so i changed to waveout which hadn't messed up in the past

today it made the horrible noise too

no rhyme or reason as to when -- its louder than the music, and i cant mute it fast enough.

Comment

Bad SC drv install?
                RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                RRMedia
                RRExtended
                DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                  Bad SC drv install?
                  I have tried updating both sound drivers which did not help.

Comment

I've got Winamp 5.531 installed but ever since I upgraded RR to the latest version, I'm having an issue with loading playlists. I'm using spider-skin. When I click the eject button to load a playlist, it shows my c:\ contents, so I navigate to the right directory, and choose the playlist. Normally, what it would do next is it would go to the music player and play the new playlist. Instead, what it's now doing is it's staying in the playlist browser, and showing me the songs in my playlist. So I select any song, and it then loads the playlist into the music player n tries to play them but fails! I got it on Random and it just shuffles through the list, not playing anything. I minimised it to check winamp's playlist entries, and it shows this: "music\2pac - changes.mp3" and the entry is meant to be "c:\music\2pac - changes.mp3".

I uninstalled RR and reinstalled, no luck. Any ideas? It's really annoying me because I use different playlists throughout the week. (centrafuse has the upper hand here, it allows stacked playlists so it switches between them at the press of a button)
                    2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

Originally posted by eleventh View Post
                      I'm sure this has been discussed before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything...

What version of winamp is reccomended with Road Runner? What versions definately aren't reccomended?

Thanks
                      I've had the best results with winamp version 5.13.
                      ATTENTION FELLOW CAR PC ENTHUSIASTS, POWER ACOUSTIC = CAR PC KRYPTONITE!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

To my adoring fans, No my Toyota's gas pedal didn't get stuck! Instead I saw you crossing the street and decided to floor it! Unfortunately, I MISSED!!!

Comment

winamp 5.13 isnt uac compliant, i wouldnt in general recomend that... but... newest winamps work fine...

winamp, ALWAYS saves the MINIMAL path to the file... thats how winamp works, if winamp.exe and the music is on the same DRIVE, the playlist will NOT have save "c:\"...

switch to newer then 5.33, the newest, and try your playlists

winamp is a bastard player
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                        May healing waters bury all my pain
                        Wind, Carry me home
                        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                        The piece of me that died
                        Will return To live again

Comment