Sorting Music to go by Track Number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting Music to go by Track Number

Music lists get loaded alphabetically but I want it to go by track number? Why does it do this. Am I going to have to open every single music folder I have and change the "Arrange Icons By" to Track Number??

No, you'd have to either make playlists in the order you want, OR rename the files to where they have a format starting by track number. There are many tools that can do both.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Write a java program, it'll do it in a second.
      Ampie Case
      2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
      Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by guino
        No, you'd have to either make playlists in the order you want, OR rename the files to where they have a format starting by track number. There are many tools that can do both.
        Care to name one I can go find and download off of a torrent or at least a trial version?

Comment

There must be a hundred on www.download.com. If I had a code editor on my machine, I'd write one for you in 10 minutes.
          Ampie Case
          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I tried out two of the more popular ones and my cousin sent me one program too, but all of them I end up needing to click each folder then going to like Edit-Track Listing Sorting whatever so its the same thing as just manually doing it because I can't select just My Music and having it sort everything in there. Could you name what program you're using?

Comment

Sorry man, I went through all 2000 songs and renamed them individually. Took me 3 days or so.
              Ampie Case
              256 MB DDR2 PC5400
              M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I don't suppose you realize you can arrange them by track number in Winamp and then close it. And when you open Road Runner, it'll pull that same order into it. I always load the list into Winamp the way I want and do it that way.
                Ampie Case
                256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I use WMP to orginize my entire collection if you have everything in folders properly (i.e. Music>Artist>Album) just drag and drop the whole music folder into WMP. WMP will look for any tags that are not present and update your file tags too. Once everything is in WMP and tagged correctly (with very unorginized music collections you may want to drag and drop one artist at a time into the library to make it a bit easier to tag it all) select "Tools>Options" on the "Rip Music" tab select "Change File Name" and set the files how you like with the track first in your case. Then go to the "Library" tab and select the check box "Rename music files using rip music settings". Now it "OK."

It takes WMP a while to rename all the files but you can speed up the process by going to the albums catagory in the library browser and right click each album and select update album info. WMP saves the album art as hidden system files also and currently these can't be seen inside RR but I have fixed this and supplied guino with the code so hopefully it will appear in the next release. I like the way WMP automates alot of things like getting tags automatically and album art and renaming the files just the way I want them.

One word of caution if your music has no tags but all the info is in the songs file name don't select the rename files option til all your tags are right or you will end up with a bunch of files named "00_Title_Artist.mp3"
                  APPS:
                  "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:
                  Download the "MAS" beta here...
                  New! The Skin Skin community project.

Comment

Where does this thing get the information for the file tags? None of my songs have tags but I'd be interested in a program that would input all of that for them. I just don't see how it could pull the information from the air.
                    Ampie Case
                    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano
                      Where does this thing get the information for the file tags? None of my songs have tags but I'd be interested in a program that would input all of that for them. I just don't see how it could pull the information from the air.
                      Google for MP3nity it does it for you. It gets the info from Amazon or FreeDB

Comment

WMP gets them from the net at metaservices.windowsmedia.com if there is no info in the tags it auto searches there for it if nothing that matches is found you have to do some manual searching to find them. But in my opinion if you have no tags at all in the file but have all the info you need in the file name there is better software out there to convert file names to tags. Once you have some info in the tags you can then use WMP to finish up the tagging and get the album art.
                        APPS:
                        "RR CD Drive Monitor"

Skins:
                        Download the "MAS" beta here...
                        New! The Skin Skin community project.

Comment

I have "ARTIST - SONGTITLE" for all songs.
                          Ampie Case
                          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

http://musicbrainz.org/

Musicbrainz is fun too.
                            What I've been listening to
                            What I've been driving

Comment

I always use mp3tag
                              don`t think you can do it easer then this.

if you don`t have tags convert the filename first to tag en then backwards
                              with %track% %artist% - %title%
                              http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Comment

Working...
                              X