Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD player

First off I am a complete newb.
    I cannot get DVD's to play properly in road runner, I have tried two different skins, media car and alpine blue.

I have power DVD installed. And I set RR config to point to it. is there anything else I need to do? I am lost at this point

Any help appreciated.

Well what goes wrong! We need to know. Is it just jerking around, or nothing at all, or does it freeze and shoot fire?

What kind of drive are you using? USB or IDE or FireWire or Magic?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I believe there's a problem with the latest version of RR if you set your DVD to external. At least in my case, it doesn't open the external EXE so I have to do a RUN command manually. I think guino's aware of this though.
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Why not use the internal player (Winamp). It works just fine for me...
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

the built-in player is MPC, not winamp and it lacks several features in DVD playback. first, it doesn't remember the last position. second, maybe it's just me but I couldn't figure out how to switch audio track and subtitle.
          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

well, I am using the latest version of RR.
            I have it set to PowerDVD which opened 1 time and never worked again. If I hit the dvd button RR just goes to the skin's background with the RR bar on top but no program loads in the main area?

this is on media car skin btw, I have yet to figure out how to get a dvd to work with the alpine skin

Comment

i figured it out, I have been trying to get this to play originally with the wrong version of windows media player. I was trying to user the classic that came with xp. I found a website that has some version of classic that can play dvd's. WPC 6.4.9.0

My next question though is how do you navigate the dvd. For example how would I go back to the main menu or change the audio track with a touch screen and wpc?

Comment

Working...
              X