No announcement yet.

Running Visualization = 100% CPU Load?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Visualization = 100% CPU Load?

It seems that when the Visualization works the CPU load is 100% if i turn it off, it goes down to normal... Is there a reason to this? I have the latest flash and i searched a little, but couldn't find much other then that thread in the FAQ's....

I am new to this whole RR thing and maybe i'm doing something wrong here as well, but when I click on Visualization it just runs behind RR not on it...

Any help would be apreciated.

Visualizations are quite CPU intensive.. be sure you have your prooper MB drivers installed and see if you can use any hardware acceleration to improve performance.. Depending on the machine you have it definitely will load 100%.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

On my 2.0ghz laptop, when vis is running, CPU is at around 90%. Then again, my VIS window is around 580x420, which is pretty big. In Milkdrop, you can reduce the frame rate. In AVS, you can "double the pixel". That'll help out some.
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner