RR questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR questions

This is my first CarPuter set up and so far its going good but i have some questions about the front end, Road Runner.

Right now I have it on my home PC, just to test it out and tweak it before putting it on the carputer and I found a few things that I just cant figure out. I did some searching and couldnt really find a definative answer.

1) mp3s don't seem to play at all. I can click on the Music button and it brings up the player and nothing else. So I do a quick search and find the folder and click on he files but it does not play. Just goes back to the main music screen and thats it. I've gone to the RR Config application and changed my music folder so that is on the right directory and it still doesnt work.

2) videos dont go full screen. I dont know if that is how it just is or what. the videos are cut off a little bit past half way on the screen and then the RR controls are there.

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Kevin

can you play mp3's with winamp on its own? you do have winamp installed dont you?
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

What version of WinAmp? What skin for RR are you using and have you tried another skin yet?
      ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

right now i am running an old version of winamp, as suggested in one of the FAQs. I think its version 2.9?? I honestly don't know if it plays mp3s when not using RR. I usually use WM10. I know it plays videos fine. I'll try that once I get off of work.

as far as the skin goes, I believe its BM or something like that. I'm at work at the moment so I can't do much checking on it. but im pretty sure it the brushed metal skin.

Comment

Originally posted by SBZRO
          2) videos dont go full screen. I dont know if that is how it just is or what. the videos are cut off a little bit past half way on the screen and then the RR controls are there.
          I think this is the same problem I had been seeing. You can probably try the build from here:
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80720

Comment

Originally posted by navank
            I think this is the same problem I had been seeing. You can probably try the build from here:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80720
            Yeah, I tried that and still the same problem.

As far as MP3s, they play.

Comment

Gotta ask the simple questions first: Have you set the path to the winamp.exe in RRConfig?
              If you wait say 4 seconds without moving the mouse, does the video change to fullscreen?
              Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod
                Gotta ask the simple questions first: Have you set the path to the winamp.exe in RRConfig?
                If you wait say 4 seconds without moving the mouse, does the video change to fullscreen?
                The settings in RRConfig have been automatically been set to winamp.exe.

As far the as video goes, I got it working. It was something simple. I forgot to to check the Auto Hide option in RRConfig.

But I'm stilll having the mp3 problem

Comment

When you add a song from the browser, does it show up in the main playlist? Or is it empty?
                  Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Nothing shows up. I can look up the files and click on them but they don't start playing nor do they show up on the playlist.

Comment

You might have a Winamp LITE installation. RR won't work with Winamp LITE.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ht=winamp+lite

Comment

I used the version provided in the link in the FAQ section, but I'll try and reload it.

Comment

I'm having this same video problem, I leave the mouse for 4 seconds and the cursor vanishes but the video is still cut off half way down and then the word "FULL" (or whatever other mode I try) flash on screen every couple of seconds until I close roadrunner, which is difficult to do when I can't see where I'm clicking due to having no mouse pointer. (Hidemouse is set to false in the config!)
                          This is while testing on home PC too.

Edit:
                          Never mind, sorted it... added transitions=10 to the rr.ini and it now goes full screen
                          But now the vis thingies aren't embedding for winamp I'll go search around for a fix to that now...
                          Getting back into the game...

Comment

Working...
                          X