Split com port - getting incorrect data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split com port - getting incorrect data

I'm using GPSGate to split my virtual COM4 to COM6 and COM7.

iGuidance uses COM6, RR uses COM7

I noticed that the GPS data (speed, direction...) in RR are all wrong. Shows me a speed of 3mph when im inside my house.

While driving, iGuidance says im doing 25mph, and RR GPSSPD shows around 40mph !

Any tips of this guys? I love RR too much to try using another front end, lol.
    thanks !
    95 Mustang GT + Mach 460 Audio
    Lilliput EBY701 7" TS LCD w/ 4-way arm
    BU353 USB GPS
    iGuidance 3 + Road Runner + LSX Void2
    200W Inverter
    Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz T2050, 1GB DDR2, 80GB, DVDRW

I use GPSGate express edition and RR and is very accurate. Sorry I can not help, dunno what would cause it. Just wanted to let you know it does indeed work OK.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by -zip-
      I use GPSGate express edition and RR and is very accurate. Sorry I can not help, dunno what would cause it. Just wanted to let you know it does indeed work OK.
      could you tell me what version of GPSGate you are using ?

I might have to try XPort3 once I get home. my experience with XPort2 wasn't too good though.

The GPS i'm using is the Globsat 353 USB. The hibernation issues with the GPS are a whole 'nother story, lol.
      BU353 USB GPS
      200W Inverter

Comment

I can't speak for the strange reports, but make sure that your units in RR's setup are correct (international vs non-international)
        Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

I would verify the data coming out of each virtual com port independently of RR and iG, if possible - open each one up with hyperterminal and make sure both are giving sensible output, or better yet, open each one with a simple GPS information program (I don't know about the 353, but my BU-303 came with a program called gpsinfo that is useful for just checking to make sure the receiver is working) and see if it acts oddly for either of the virtual com ports. That should at least rule out bad data getting sent to one of the programs.
          But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
          Originally posted by Viscouse
          I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
          eegeek.net

Comment

kiztope is correct. RR's showing speed in km/h. Just change it to non-international in the Config.
            iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
            CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

im pretty sure i have it set up for mph (and not international)
              i can verify this as RR and iGuidance show completely different direction on the compass.

im gonna get home and check the data coming out of the COM ports to verify.
              BU353 USB GPS
              200W Inverter

Comment

Working...
              X