Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAUSE/RESUME Request

Guino,

I'm adding a remote control to my setup, and I'm enjoying keytbl.ini's flexibility.

It seems to allow me to do everything except one thing.

I'd like one RR command to toggle between Play and Pause while playing music (mp3s) and toggle between Mute and UNMUTE when listening to radio (XM).

Id like it all to be able to be called from one keystroke, ie "The P button" or whatever I define in Keytbl.ini

If i assign "P" to "PLAY" it does properly cycle between play and pause while listening to mp3s. However, if I'm in my GPS screen, or XM screen and I press "P" it will start scanning XM channels...

From the skin commands,

"PAUSE" - Pauses Music/Video or Mutes FM/XM/SIRIUS respectively
    "RESUME" - Resumes Music/Video or UnMutes FM/XM/SIRIUS respectively

That combination should handle what i'd like, but I want to be able to call it by simply pressing one button, and similar to "PLAY" it would toggle the functionality of PAUSE or RESUME.

Currently, I'd have to mess with SWITCHBUTTON to address this???

Thanks!

This is already possible. Define a skin-specific command in ExecTBL.ini like so.
    Code:
    "TOGGLEPLAYPAUSE", "MUTE", xm.skin
    "TOGGLEPLAYPAUSE", "MUTE", radio.skin
    "TOGGLEPLAYPAUSE", "PLAY"
    (add more .skin definitions if you like)

Then in KeyTBL.ini, simply use "TOGGLEPLAYPAUSE" as you would a normal command.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Negitive, baitboy.

That would work if I was only concerned about the functionality working on the XM and RADIO skins.

BUT. 98% of the time, I run RR with the GPS screen open....it's much more useful to me to watch where I'm going and see a map of where I need to go then to watch album art or RDS info change

SO, while in GPS, I can be listening to one of 2 sources, XM/RADIO or MP3.

If I'm driving and I get a call or someone in the car wants to talk, it would be optimal to:

PAUSE MP3's because they are recorded and you don't really want to mute when you can pause and resume where you left off

MUTE XM/RADIO: because they can't be recorded and your best option is to just mute them.....now if someone wanted to add the abilitiy to "PAUSE" XM/RADIO and start dumping it to a WAV or something that could be timeshifted that'd be cool!

Comment

SWITCHBUTTON and BYVAR can do that:

"BYVAR;PAUSED;PAUSE||SETVAR;PAUSED;1<<RESUME||SETV AR;PAUSED;0"
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Sorry, I didn't understand your problem correctly. guino's code will work.

or you can try this as an alternative.
          Code:
          "TOGGLE", "PAUSE", PLAY
          "TOGGLE", "RESUME", PAUSE
          "TOGGLE", "RESUME", STOP
          Just a different idea.
          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Thanks,

so wait, if i use switchbutton with BYVAR i don't actually need to use switchbutton on a button on a skin, but can use a variable in memory?

Comment

If you're already using switchbutton you wont need the variable. If you don't want to use switchbutton, you can use the variable. You don't need to use BOTH. But then again if you use B8bboi solution, you don't need either.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
              X