Mapoint GPS's locking up???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapoint GPS's locking up???

So....MapMonkey and the GPS works fine, but when I go into MapPoint, then it
    tracks for 5-10 seconds then locks up and the map stops moving. I cannot get out of it unless it I restart. The one thing I noticed about MP is that when it's locked up, it still shows the number of satallites..... and the number changes. That number is also red. So it gets info from the GPS I think, but I don't know what it is doing. When it works for those couple of seconds at first, the display for the number of sats is green. This will happen if I press on MP first , or if I switch from MM to MP. Any ideas. Some port setting? I am sure it's RR because it works in MP by itself. I searched, but no ideas. Thanks

Does it work if you LEAVE MM running ? Please check the CPU load when it crashes. And please be more specific if you have to restart RR or the whole machine.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I have to restart the whole machine. I will check the CPU load and yes it does it even if i leave MM working or I just load MP first by itself. It used to work, I really think its a port thing because MP still works but its unresponsive and the map stops moving, but the satellite counter still counts, but it turns red. What does that mean?

Comment

I would suggest testing your GPS on a different application alone (MM, FD etc) and see if it works and doesnt lock up. But if the whole machine freezes, it sounds like a hardware issue. Many users with bad memory/cpu/mb have similar issues because of overheating which doesn~t happen when youre just using windows or RR alone but as soon as you load the GPS the load is enough to get it hot and freeze.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X