feature request: temp/volt comport baud rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature request: temp/volt comport baud rate

Is it possible to get the baudrate for the temp/volt com port to be set via an ini entry? I'd really like to be able to run it at a different baud rate than the 2400 that's hard coded in. Maybe something like assume 2400bps unless the appropriate ini entry was there? Should be a fairly simple change I'd imagine?

it's easy to change, the question is, what hardware exists that produces data this kind of data at a different rate ?
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

my hardware

Last night I threw together a simple circuit based around a picaxe-08m (bootstrapped pic12f683 programmed directly via serial port for those unfamiliar) and I've implemented 2 voltmeters and a temperature meter on it - but that has tied up all my I/O lines. I've got the output working fine via the programming serial line, but that's locked at 4800/8/n/1. To get the output at 2400, I'd have to sacrifice one of my inputs - which I don't want to do. I had a look at the source and was going to just change the hard coded value and recompile, but don't have mappoint.
      Considering how easy picaxes are to program (can even program them via flowcharts ) and there's no special hardware required to program, they might be useful to someone else.

Comment

bump!

Any chance guino? I cant wait to have this working!

Comment

Not needed anymore, I wrote an extension plugin to do it, and it also handles the temp sensor calibration.
          Attached Files

Comment

fancy
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
            X