Using 2 Picture skins ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 2 Picture skins ?

Is this possible.. I have created a picviewer.skin which is mostly used as a browser so you can locate the pic your after.. then on it I have a full button, which I want to load a second picviewer1.skin.. this then displays the selected image full size and allows your to go prev/next pic..

I've tried this but all i'm getting on the second skin is the audio image..

any ideas peeps ?
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

its ok sussed it :-)

slideshow added
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

really pretty!
      Renault Megane Coupé Cabriolet
      P3 550 mhz 256 mb RAM 15 gb hd, dvd.
      gps handsfree parrot ck3300
      windows xp sp2
      road runner
      map monkey and viamichelin mapsonic
      Touchscreen 7" fully motorized in-dash

Comment

Ok...

Was watching this thread to see what someone came up with, you were'nt supposed to figgure it out yourself!

What was your sollution, as I am in a similar situation with the skin I am working on. a 7" screen just dosen't have the landscape for a file browser and the photo.... er... thumbnail
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Just add a indicator like...

I,0,110,800,410,"PICTURE" or I,0,110,800,410,"PICTURE:A" if you want it to keep the aspect ratio.. and dont forget to get rid of the J,0,0,400,300 one..

O.. and I now am thinking about using this to change the image on afew other screens.. this would enable you to change the background on the fly :-)

So goto the picture screen.. select a picture and then go back to the main menu... and bingo its the background.. just need to see if I can store this picture somewhere now so when you start rr up it remembers it.

CdR
          Attached Files
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Sounds Kewl...

Ok, I MAY have a way for you to do that....

With the SETVAR command, it will allows you to save a variable to the Road Runner INI file. Something like:
            "SETVAR;PicturePath;C:\MyPics\Photo1,jpg"

When RR is restarted, that variable is automatically pulled from the INI and is available globally.

Hope that helps get you on track.....
            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

hey thas pretty cool, ive been wanting to do something like that with backgrounds for a while now, had to settle for static images.

your skin is shapeing up to be better than CF itself
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                Ok, I MAY have a way for you to do that....

With the SETVAR command, it will allows you to save a variable to the Road Runner INI file. Something like:
                "SETVAR;PicturePath;C:\MyPics\Photo1,jpg"

When RR is restarted, that variable is automatically pulled from the INI and is available globally.

Hope that helps get you on track.....
                Yeah I tried this, but sadly I've found that for some reason it doesnt work.. so what I did was create a button on the picviewer skin, which saves the path of the current image to a txt file, then on loading rr again it loads the picture into flash via a movie, then the picture variable is monitored and when it doesnt = "" it removes the flash so you can see the new picture underneth.. simple :-)

CdR
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

To clarify: SETVAR sets the variable only in memory. If you wish for the variable you have set (with SETVAR) to be saved, that is, so it is restored when starting RR, you should save the variable with SAVETOINI.

i.e.: "SETVAR;LASTPIC;C:\pics\pic1.jpg" then "SAVETOINI;LASTPIC;$LASTPIC$"
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

My bad! I had read about the setvar command somewhere, and was mistaken by thinking it was automatically saved to the .ini. Thanks for the correction guino, maby that will let CdRsKuLL do what he's trying to do.

I still would like to see your code/skin that you used for the picture viewer. I don't need to change the RR "Wallpaper" but would like to add the full screen option for photo's in the picviewer.skin.

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

You just have to make a new screen (any name) and use the "PICTURE" indicator in it to display the picture -- you can even make many screens with different sizes as to work as a Zoom feature.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

ok i succeded in making a full screen pic viewer, the problem is : how do we control the image proportions? (width/height) it is always streached, in the full pic viewer screen..while in the first pic viewer it is only streached vertically!!??
                        the problem is that this way portrait images are streached a lot...landscape ones are ok i guess

Comment

"picture:a"
                          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

ok that keeps the same aspect ratio from the pic browser..thanks, but i am having problems showing the right ratio in the broeser...it streaches the image vertically but not horizontally

Comment

I've attached a copy of my picviewer.skin code.

The browser and full image skins keep the aspect ratio of the image.
                              Attached Files
                              Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Working...
                              X