feature request: click through on pink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature request: click through on pink

I think this would add a lot more flexibility to skins, to have the ability for the pink area defined in the EMPTY image to also define mouse click through area.
    So for example you can have a screen that is displayed with MENU and also still be able to click the buttons on the .skin under it, except for where the visible menu screen covers areas.

With this you can have say slide out menus or fade in menus that feel like they are apart of the same screen. You can tuck options and buttons on these screens that arent used normally etc. Very similar to how the videoplayer controls popup but instead of video its a normal screen under the controls.
    Or another example, how objectdock tabs work, if you only had one tab.

Since all menu screens wont want or need to have this enabled, maybe something like
    /clickthrough
    in the .skin file will tell RR to enable it for this screen
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

seconded.. i've tried to get slide in commands for a few phoco screens and for a new mappoint skin and i cant quite get it working the way i need to.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

bump
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I will jump on this!

I think that is a fantastic idea, and it's funny, I was asking somethng similar tonight in the skins thread!

LS, I read & re-read your post and think I finally get what you are saying in the first paragraph.

Just to keep this from getting confused with the "Menu" command, I will refer to this top screen/menu/pop-up/ slide out menu ect as "Overlay"

Would a defined area from the empty skin really be needed? when the Overlay screen pop's up, the location and size should be predefined, and then RR would "know" anything pressed in that area, is on the Overlay. Anything outside of that area is the main screen around it.

With the current menu, when a button is pressed, the menu dissappears, and the instructions are carried out. If this is implemented, the Overlay would need to stay open until clicking a close/return button that would close the Overlay.

To continue, I think the overlay should be like any other skin screen. Able to embed applications into it ect. If it were done this way, for instance, you could press a GPS button, to call up a GPS overlay that would display on top of ANY predefined area of the current screen. Press a caluclator button, and have it overlay right on top of the current screen.... the possibilities are endless....

Poor quino is going to need another vacation when he gets back and reads all the bugs & feature requests
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
        X