Set RR to close a program ... not hide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set RR to close a program ... not hide

How do I have RR close my GPS software when I close that particular skin/window?

For example, my IG3 will not recognize my USB GPS after hibernating if I leave it open before hibernating. This isn't like all the other problems with hibernate and USB GPS units. I've tried to use Devcon to shutdown the USB ports before hibernate, and then after resume Devcon reactivates them.

This doesn't fix my problem with IGuidance 3 not detecting the GPS unit after resume. This is what happens.

Scenario 1:
    Initial boot. Open IG3, GPS recognized automatically.
    Terminate (actually exiting it) IG3 ---> hibernate ---> resume ---> open IG3... voila, my GPS is detected no problem

Scenario 2:
    Initial boot. Open IG3, GPS recognized yada yada.
    Leave IG3 open ---> hibernate ---> resume ---> IG3 is still open because I didn't shut it down... where'd my GPS unit go? ---> unplug USB GPS --->replug USB GPS ---> IG3 sees it again.

Like I said, shutting down the USB using Devcon didn't fix scenario 2. What I did was go to device manager, and looked at what happens when you unplug the USB. It seems that the COM port is resetting when you unplug the USB physically. Shutting it down with Devcon doesn't reset the COM port. BTW, my GPS is set on COM 4.

Is there anyway to fix this? If not, how can I set RR to close IG3 when I close out of the GPS skin?

just have a button that says "CLOSE" (instead of "EXIT"). It's all in Skin Commands.txt.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

On your Exit button use the Command "CLOSEWINDOW;iGuidance"

Comment

I'm running CDR's Freedom skin. No commands.txt file. I can't find any line associated with the close button of the GPS.

Comment

He meant the .txt file that comes with RR

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

What is the brand/model/name of your usb gps? You may have to fix that instead of software fix. Most of usb and hibernation problem can be solved with driver update. Post the model and maybe someone with that same model can help you out.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

The GPS is a Pharos GPS-360, the one that comes with MS S&T 2006

Comment

You can try to look at the ExecTBL.ini file
                There are 2 commands already in there.
                ONSUSPEND and ONRESUME.

"ONSUSPEND","EXEC CLOSEWINDOW;iGuidance"
                "ONRESUME","EXEC GPS"

BTW, if you use the above commands with the beta release in Iguidance RR native thread, it may not work (meaning iG won't shutdown).
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

Yeah, I'm using the beta release for iG, and those commands didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I think I'll just shutdown rather than hibernate. An extra 30 seconds isn't going to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD View Post
                    On your Exit button use the Command "CLOSEWINDOW;iGuidance"
                    Originally posted by b8bboi View Post
                    just have a button that says "CLOSE" (instead of "EXIT"). It's all in Skin Commands.txt.
                    Thanks guys!
                    That's exactly what I was trying to find out!
                    (somehow I've missed that in the Skin Command.txt file)
                    For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
                    Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
                    Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by drPheta View Post
                      Yeah, I'm using the beta release for iG, and those commands didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I think I'll just shutdown rather than hibernate. An extra 30 seconds isn't going to kill me.
                      I'll make a fix for that already. I'll release it sometime later along with some other fixes.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150

Comment

I think I may have found a workaround to this quirk.

1. Download PStools from http://www.sysinternals.com
                        2. Download HiberMon from http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=19
                        3. Setup HiberMon to hibernate using the .ini file and link it in startup folder
                        4. Make a .bat file for PsKill that reads "c:\Pskillfolder\pskill.exe iGuidanceUMPC (without the quotes) and name it Hibernate.bat
                        5. Go to your ExecTBL.ini file in the RoadRunner directory. Look for "ONSUSPEND",""
                        6. Make that line read "ONSUSPEND","C:\whateverfolderyouputyourbatchfiles in\Hibernate.bat"

What should happen is your HiberMon will automatically hibernate your LAPTOP when it senses battery power (I set my time to 300 seconds = 5 minutes). Once your computer initiates Hibernate, RR will sense this and and run your Hibernate.bat file. This will tell pskill to stop iGuidance before you go into Hibernate.

When you Resume your comuter, all you need to do is go into GPS (since your front end is still running), and IG3 will start right up, and your GPS receiver will be seen. The reason I mad a blank Resume.bat file is because HibernateTrigger will not allow you to keep the "run on resume" value blank.

This workaround will have to do until the newer RR patches allow for us to implement a shutdown within the code like Matrix has noted above.

BTW: PsKill can be used to kill almost any process in windows.

*EDIT* Tested this new method, and it works so far.

Comment

why no just make an ProcessClose autoit file and use it with the "onsuspend" command?

Thanatos.
                          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

so I wish there was a way to do this without quiting iguidance. I've noticed that if I switch the com port before hibernating and then return it to the proper port after resume, everything seems to be ok. Iguidance is somehow locking onto the pharos driver and not releasing it (that's why devcon doesn't work, the machine wants to reboot first).

Is there a way to make iguidance switch com ports when you trigger hibernation, rather than quitting it?
                            '02 Molten Silver SE-R Spec V
                            K&N CAI Car-puter

Comment

Working...
                            X