Feature suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature suggestion

This suggestion is by no means necessary or important, but at the same time I imagine would probably only take a couple of minutes implement given what RR can already do

Can it be made so that a seperate image can be shown for individual music files rather than just directories? Simply calling the image the same name as the music file would be all that's needed, so for example when "Some file.mp3" is playing if there is "Some file.jpg" it displays that.

Ben

Originally posted by Blipman View Post
    This suggestion is by no means necessary or important, but at the same time I imagine would probably only take a couple of minutes implement given what RR can already do

Can it be made so that a seperate image can be shown for individual music files rather than just directories? Simply calling the image the same name as the music file would be all that's needed, so for example when "Some file.mp3" is playing if there is "Some file.jpg" it displays that.

Ben
    I don't think Guino will implement this as it slows down RR when it is reading ID3 Tags from the mp3 file. You can install WinAmp Plugins like TOASTER and clip the region where it displays the picture.

Comment

I have read several threads requesting something similar... although I believe it had to do with reading the ID3 tag and extracting the embedded picture (APIC). Guino stated he considered righting a prog or something to do this when he had time... i have not found a progress to this.

I did find someone on the web that was doing this with an online Flash movie using FLEX2 I think but it would take player9. The guy had examples and a working movie from his web page, but I am not a flasher (yet) and I have not finished my first skin either.

Comment

But the way I proposed wouldn't slow down reading of the ID3 tag at all, you could play the file first and once that's going then load up the jpg.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Blipman View Post
          But the way I proposed wouldn't slow down reading of the ID3 tag at all, you could play the file first and once that's going then load up the jpg.

Ben
          Freeway currently does this and also downloads the album art automatically for you from amazon .
          Not sayin for you to switch just saying that it shouldnt really slow anything down accept for when building the media database, freeway is pretty slow. But considering what it is doing (download images from the internet) it is more than acceptable .

Excellent feature to have, but RR is started to dog out a little with speed so more feature may hamper performance.
          New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
          New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
          "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Working...
          X