So overwhelmed with iguidance and RR right now *simplistique skin*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So overwhelmed with iguidance and RR right now *simplistique skin*

hey everyone, I'm looking for some help. I've searched the mp3car forums for the past week and tried everything to my knowledge but I just can't get iguidance to work in road runner. Here is where I'm at so far. I've got iguidance v3 and I'm running the UMPC version. I've got the lastest road runner version and I'm using the simplistique skin. I've tried making changes to EXTERNAL_GPS.skin, menu.skin, everything. I've got the gps path and window name correct in RRconfig. What am I missing? I've read alittle on skin bedder, but I just can't figure out how to run iguidance in the simplistique skin. If I run the BMV2 skin that comes with the RR download, it launches iguidance, but in its own window. TIA guys. I've been a long time lurker at this site, figured i'd start posting

Gary

BINGO! got it working. My next question on this topic. When ever I hit a navigation button in roadrunner, my windows bar appears at the bottom of the screen showing my current running programs. If i hit Road Runner, it goes back to full screen, but the second it does something with iguidance, it comes back. I don't mind it THAT much, but was wondering if there was a way to make this go away?

Comment

can you pase your gps settings in rr here? I have iguidance with simplistique working fine.
      Current:
      [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
      [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Im having a little trouble with simplistique and iguidance 3.0, too (though I dont think it's related to the skin). When I hit the gps button, iguidance doesn't start at all. I have the same exact settings on my desktop, and its working fine there. I dont really have any idea why it's not opening up on the carputer

Comment

Loading IGuidance in the Simplistique skin

Here is the code I have on my menu button in Simplistique's skin to launch IG. It works perfectly here:
          B06,400,217,380,84,"LOAD;IGUIDANCE.skin;iGuidance; C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;iGuidance",

That was the original unaltered skin, as I just tried it and it works fine.

If you want to remove the borders and menu bar from IG download IGLaunch and use the folloowing line instead:
          B06,400,217,380,84,"LOAD;IGUIDANCE.skin;iGLaunch;C :\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGLaunch.exe;iGLaunch",

You would also need to change the settings in RR config to poin to iGLaunch instead of dirrectly to IG, as well as the window tile to "iGLaunch"

Hope this helps out...

NOTE: The coordinates at the beginning of the above lines will only work with the Simplistique skin. If you use this code on another skin, just replace the rest of the line after the last "," (Coma)
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BavarianBuilt View Post
            BINGO! got it working. My next question on this topic. When ever I hit a navigation button in roadrunner, my windows bar appears at the bottom of the screen showing my current running programs. If i hit Road Runner, it goes back to full screen, but the second it does something with iguidance, it comes back. I don't mind it THAT much, but was wondering if there was a way to make this go away?
            Easy fix for this,
            right click the taskbar in the solid blue portion. click on properties. Then uncheck where it says "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows".
            Problem solved.
            New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
            New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
            "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

or maybe get roadrunner to hide desktop/taskbar?
              Current:

Previous:
              [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by sama View Post
                or maybe get roadrunner to hide desktop/taskbar?
                Worked perfect. thank you guys so much.

Comment

excellent
                  Current:

Previous:

Comment

JohnWPB - I was able to get iGuidance to embed using the strings you gave with one hiccup. When I embed iGuidance directly, I can use the Simplistque skins to send commands (like Mute). When I embed iGuidance using iGLaunch using the string you provided, the skin buttons don't work. If I use the following line in menu.skin:

B06,400,217,380,84,"LOAD;IGUIDANCE.skin;iGLaunch;C :\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGLaunch.exe;!TForm1,!iGLaunc h",""

the skin commands work sporadically. My question is do, you know how to both embed iGuidance (so the status and menu bars are hidden) and pass the skin commands at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ignatz42 View Post
                      JohnWPB - I was able to get iGuidance to embed using the strings you gave with one hiccup. When I embed iGuidance directly, I can use the Simplistque skins to send commands (like Mute). When I embed iGuidance using iGLaunch using the string you provided, the skin buttons don't work. If I use the following line in menu.skin:

B06,400,217,380,84,"LOAD;IGUIDANCE.skin;iGLaunch;C :\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGLaunch.exe;!TForm1,!iGLaunc h",""

the skin commands work sporadically. My question is do, you know how to both embed iGuidance (so the status and menu bars are hidden) and pass the skin commands at the same time? Thanks in advance.
                      so, blast from the past . . . these original posts are over 3 years old but here I am running iGuidance (and I happen to also be using the Simplistique skin at the moment). It works (mostly) but I would like to get rid of iGuidance's menu bar. The links for iGLaunch all seem to be dead now. Is there another way?

Also, the buttons at the bottom of the screen don't do anything (when in iGuidance).
                      Dave
                      http://www.evalbum.com/2500
                      almost no reason to burn gasoline anymore

Comment

I think what you want to do is set ignative=true in RR.INI/RRConfig... can u verify you're using that?
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                          I think what you want to do is set ignative=true in RR.INI/RRConfig... can u verify you're using that?
                          Yes, I am. Though as I say I've tried it both ways and it makes no apparent difference. Here's the present, relevant section from my rr.ini:

Code:
                          [GPS]
                          gpsmode=2
                          mapmonkeypath=Click here to set path
                          gpspath=C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe
                          gpsname=iGuidance
                          overspeed=55
                          gpsport=2
                          mappointmap=1
                          mapcountry=United States
                          mapcity=Los Angeles
                          mapautozoom=false
                          isunits=false
                          usegpsserv=false
                          gasfinderautorefresh=false

[IG Native]
                          ignative=true
                          igautosw=true
                          gpsonvoice=true
                          pauseonvoice=false
                          lastscreenswitchtime=0
                          But the answer is in the skin. As I say, it looks "native" when called from the Sirius page. The Sirius.skin file calls this:
                          Code:
                          B20,206,165,64,84,"GPS",""
                          whereas the menu.skin calls this:
                          Code:
                          B06,540,212,300,80,"LOAD;IGUIDANCE.skin;iGuidance;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;!IntellinavWCls!iGuidance",""
                          So my guess is that the command "GPS" is something built into RR now, perhaps? I can probably just move that to my menu.skin and be done with it.

tnx,
                          Dave
                          http://www.evalbum.com/2500
                          almost no reason to burn gasoline anymore

Comment

Look in your exectbl.ini file in your skin folder for this line.
                            Code:
                            "GPS","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;Navigation;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe;iGuidance"
                            Now you can change the buttons to "GPS" and it will call the skin and start navigation.

Comment

FYI

When using the built in "GPS" cmd with the "GPSMODE=2" setting, it will load the External_GPS.skin.
                              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                              RRMedia
                              RRExtended
                              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Working...