Day/Night Switcher for RR & MM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day/Night Switcher for RR & MM

Guino, is it possible to include a simple Day/Night skin switcher for RoadRunner & MapMonkey in a forthcoming update.
    Perhaps just a couple of editable times in RR config that would switch both RR & MM at the given times. Please...

Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

I second that request would be a really neat feature - would somehow make things seem more integrated if it just knew it was night time and switched accordingly.

Comment

all ready implemented, has been for a very long time....
      Attached Files
      Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

When I saw those settings I presumed there was a button to switch the two - I didn't realise it actually done it automatically.
        Is there a way to specify the time it switches ?

Comment

general.ini you can specify the time of the switch
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
            all ready implemented, has been for a very long time....
            No it's not...........
            I want to switch MapMonkey Day/Night screens at the SAME time.
            This does NOT do that. Does it ???

Comment

Day / Night skin with RR & Map Monkey

I have never used Map Monkey, But in iGuidance, it has a setting to switch the day/night skin automatically. If MM has the same thing, simply have MM and RR switch the skins at the same time. As they both use the system clock to determine the time, they should both switch at the exact same time.
              Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                I have never used Map Monkey, But in iGuidance, it has a setting to switch the day/night skin automatically. If MM has the same thing, simply have MM and RR switch the skins at the same time. As they both use the system clock to determine the time, they should both switch at the exact same time.
                If it were that easy..........but thanks for the suggestion.
                Afraid this feature is not available in MapMonkey, and as most are aware, MM development is at a standstill at present.
                I know there is an MM command that RR can send to switch skin....so the only route at present is to request this from Guino in a forthcoming update.

@Enforcer
                Maybe we need to have an ONSKINSWITCH command .
                If this would allow me to switch RR/MM at the same time...DEFINITELY

Comment

does freedrive not have that feature already built in?
                  Celeron 2ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig sata, DRU-R100 radio, wifi g, 7"lilliput touchscreen, opus 150w dc-dc, laptop slot load Dvd, BU-353 GPS , Destinator, Road Runner MC2.0
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ord+focus+2000

Comment

Here's a thought, in ExecTBL.ini you have a setting "ONSKINSTART","" which can be used to run a command on skin start, put a local ExecTBL.ini in each of your skins. make the command send the mm codes to swicth the skins.

Comment

If you use gammacontrol, it will switch BOTH RR's skin and MM's skin at the desired time.

There are also some undocumented options (added by Skippy76) to change RR's skin based on GPS information -- I have yet to go through them.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                        If you use gammacontrol, it will switch BOTH RR's skin and MM's skin at the desired time.

There are also some undocumented options (added by Skippy76) to change RR's skin based on GPS information -- I have yet to go through them.
                        Thanks.
                        Could you please explain how that is implemented Is this RR's internal gamma control you are recommending. I tried an external gammacontrol program, supplied by one of the other forum members ( forget his name) but found that it conflicted with other parts of my setup.

PS: How does this change MapMonkey's Day/Night mode ?

Comment

Is there a command you can send with send keys or something to MM to switch the skin? I wish I had MM here to experiment instead of asking questions to try to answer your questions

First, Set Road Runner to automatically change the skin froom day/night. Once that is done, My thought is to simply put a second command on the button you use to switch MM's skin to night/Day.

On you DAY skin, have a second command on the button that launches MM and sends the command to load the day skin.

On your NIGHT skin, have 2 commands as well, but one to send the command for the night skin.

Something like:

(On your NIGHT skin's GPS button)
                          "MM||>Command here to tell MM to switch to Night Mode>"

MM would need to be started with RR, as there would not be enough time to send the MM command, and expect it to load fast enough to get the command from the button as well.

In my case I have iGuidance load minimized at system startup, so when I click on my GPS button, it show instantly.

This is not an end-all sollution, but hopefully an idea on how to possibly implement it.
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
                            Is there a command you can send with send keys or something to MM to switch the skin? I wish I had MM here to experiment instead of asking questions to try to answer your questions
                            I believe the MM command is ColorMode=[value], where 0=Night & 1=Day

Comment

Working...
                            X