Roadrunner and Shuffle Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadrunner and Shuffle Video

Another quick question is why cant roadrunner use winamp to play movies? its a real problem I dont know if It can be solved with this skin as my main form of media is music vids and I wish it could be handled like audio , eg shuffled , skipped , selected alot easyer.
    my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

Winamp Video is very limited to handling of aspect ratio which is crucial for a large amount of touchscreens used in CarPCs. Plus the Built-in player is very similar to the way Winamp Plays videos, so it's not like it would be any better. I do intend to add video shuffle support.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino what about Next Track , Do you think the built in player is better than mediaplayerClassic, on my car pc the built in player caused my computer to freeze and reboot dunno why, thats why i used classic

Everytime I do the prev or next button it fast fowards and rewinds is that on purpose
      my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

Comment

There're buttons to fast-foward/reverse and OTHER buttons to switch VIDEO files.

If the built in player is freezing, most likely you've got an ugly codec installed. Some earlier versions of ffdshow are very unstable for instance.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by Philhop View Post
          Thanks Guino what about Next Track , Do you think the built in player is better than mediaplayerClassic, on my car pc the built in player caused my computer to freeze and reboot dunno why, thats why i used classic

Everytime I do the prev or next button it fast fowards and rewinds is that on purpose
          I find that if I use the inbuilt player, then when i select a video to load, it plays an entirely different file within the folder? (For instance when using my "Music Vids" folder) thats the only reason I use MPlayer classic!
          Celeron 2ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig sata, DRU-R100 radio, wifi g, 7"lilliput touchscreen, opus 150w dc-dc, laptop slot load Dvd, BU-353 GPS , Destinator, Road Runner MC2.0
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ord+focus+2000

Comment

That's also a sign of bad codecs installed.. if you have the right stuff installed they should both play the same videos in the same order. MPC simply has more options.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

How about an option to continue playing the movie if you select other windows (like GPS/Main/etc). I play music videos and i do not want it stopped if I select GPS just for checking the road

Perhaps this could be an parameter option in the inifile.

Comment

@Goddy: there is an effort and options for that (added by users), search for dual monitor support, you'll have to read some but you should be able to do it..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

So with a skin any skin... How do you change the >| button to go next track rather than just fast fowarding i'm still confused!
                  my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

Originally posted by Philhop View Post
                    So with a skin any skin... How do you change the >| button to go next track rather than just fast fowarding i'm still confused!
                    This is the wrong place for this.

Search the forum.

Also, look in the RR folder, and there is a Skin.txt file, which describes all of the skin commands. Additionally, there is an RRSkin Editor tool. Search the forum for it. makes modding much easier.

Just so you know, while RR is what I believe to be the greatest FE, it is not the easiest solution for someone who is afraid to get dirty and make changes to code, the ini, etc...

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
                      This is the wrong place for this.

Search the forum.

Also, look in the RR folder, and there is a Skin Commands.txt file, which describes all of the skin commands. Additionally, there is an RRSkin Editor tool. Search the forum for it. makes modding much easier.

Just so you know, while RR is what I believe to be the greatest FE, it is not the easiest solution for someone who is afraid to get dirty and make changes to code, the ini, etc...

Michael
                      just makin sure he's not lookin for the wrong file
                      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

its my damn thread!
                        my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

Im not talking about skining .
                          my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                            @Goddy: there is an effort and options for that (added by users), search for dual monitor support, you'll have to read some but you should be able to do it..
                            That means that it is impossible to use this option with the latest RoadRunner right?
                            Maybe it isnt hard to code and let the video act the same as mp3, so it will continue to play even when you go to other screens (like gps). Then let it stop/pause when you want to play an mp3.

Comment

For those that would like to shuffle videos, this feature has been in RR for awhile, it's just somewhat incomplete right now, though, it's propperly documented. There's a button code and an indicator to display the state of the shuffle mode option. Basically, it won't shuffle/unshuffle the videos when pressing the button, instead, what it does is switch on/off the shuffling of videos when >LOADING< the videos from the video browser. There's also an INI option to set the state of this shuffle mode when starting RR.

I recommend looking up the info on the updated BETA version here (also updated the TXT files and some fixes by Evo and MatrixPC):
                              http://www.rrdownloads.net/BETA/beta.htm
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X