Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have anyone had a success using PC as Headed with RR+PhoCo WM 5 Phones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have anyone had a success using PC as Headed with RR+PhoCo WM 5 Phones?

    Looks like PhoCo is working perfectly with my WM 5 phone (reading phonebooks can dial and accept calls). However, I canít use my PC as s headset I either canít hear the caller, either caller canít hear me.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Feature - not issue ;-)

    I remain sad because I can't even get that far with my Blackberry Evolution - could you tell me "if" this was working how you would actually handle those calls. Would it be another bluetooth headset?

    So I've read all over the place and seen some devices can multi-plex the BT signal and use one to dial, and the other for communications. However I've also seen where some people could not do this so had to use the USB cable to handle the external dialing - then there BT could handle the speach.

    Curious on how you would do this since I likely will never get to do this until I move out of my Blackberry which ain't likely in this life ;-) I need it more than running water to remain living....

    Thx


    Originally posted by Evolution VIII View Post
    Looks like PhoCo is working perfectly with my WM 5 phone (reading phonebooks can dial and accept calls). However, I canít use my PC as s headset I either canít hear the caller, either caller canít hear me.

    Thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kolemieux View Post
      Feature - not issue ;-)

      I remain sad because I can't even get that far with my Blackberry Evolution - could you tell me "if" this was working how you would actually handle those calls. Would it be another bluetooth headset?

      So I've read all over the place and seen some devices can multi-plex the BT signal and use one to dial, and the other for communications. However I've also seen where some people could not do this so had to use the USB cable to handle the external dialing - then there BT could handle the speach.

      Curious on how you would do this since I likely will never get to do this until I move out of my Blackberry which ain't likely in this life ;-) I need it more than running water to remain living....

      Thx
      ďIfĒ it would work, I would use my PC speakers and microphone for the phone conversations. The funny part is: My PC works this way (I can accept calls and use my PC speakers and microphone) when PhoneCtl.NET is not started.

      * Unfortunately, Windows Mobile phones could not be connected to PhoneCtl.NET using cable..., only Bluetooth.

      Comment


      • #4
        Amazes me you go to do all that, cause my WM5 phone won't even do the phonebooks..
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by guino View Post
          Amazes me you go to do all that, cause my WM5 phone won't even do the phonebooks..
          Do you have the latest version of PhoneControl ?

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't think that matters (in my case), my phone doesn't support the GSM AT commands (I've tested them directly).. unless Phoco is able to read the phonebooks through the ActiveSync interface ?? That would be pretty amazing.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by guino View Post
              I don't think that matters (in my case), my phone doesn't support the GSM AT commands (I've tested them directly).. unless Phoco is able to read the phonebooks through the ActiveSync interface ?? That would be pretty amazing.
              My phone does not support it either. PhoneControl installs PhoCo adapter on the phone.

              Comment


              • #8
                yeah, I just saw that.. I'll def. have a look at it.. that seems pretty awesome.. even if it doesn't do the voice thingy, I would love to use my $30 BT headset for that.. I'll def. have to have a play with that.. I haven't used my phone with RR for the past 7 months..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                Comment


                • #9
                  The biggest problem with PhoneControl is the lack of support. I notice pretty rude responses from Zoran on his forum. I understand that it very frustrating to answer all that stupid questions. But he sells the product and obligated to provide support. The PhoneControl is NOT free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Heck I'd like to just see it work ... How is it you can pipe the audio thru the PC / Speakers - and use a PC Mic, and not get an echo feedback?? I am locked into a Blackberry which is my life but if this is that good - I could find some workarounds or even an alternate phone just for mobile - I have a few routes?

                    Is this a good setup guys?

                    Guino - was there a new release posted sir?

                    Thanks much...

                    Originally posted by guino View Post
                    yeah, I just saw that.. I'll def. have a look at it.. that seems pretty awesome.. even if it doesn't do the voice thingy, I would love to use my $30 BT headset for that.. I'll def. have to have a play with that.. I haven't used my phone with RR for the past 7 months..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kolemieux View Post
                      Is this a good setup guys?
                      I'm not sure if it works with your phone. Ask Zoran.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The feedback problem has always existed.. it's possible to eliminate it with a circuit to filter out the mic off the sound coming from the speakers, this could be done if pluged to the mic in and speaker out of most carpc installs. Most speakerphones & table conference phones have that feature, it's sad there's nothing readily available for sale for such purpose.

                        New release is out.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm using USB Noise canceling microphone. Works good (no echo).

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X