Music initially loud then normal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music initially loud then normal

How come when I start Music or change to the next mp3 track in RR the audio starts off really loud for an instance then drops back down to the volume level I have it at? I'm using Winamp 2.95.

Sounds like you have some normalization plugin installed. There's no such feature built-in into RR.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I just installed the winamp295 package on rrdownloads.net and I'm using LSX Void skin. I didn't tinker with the winamp install.

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
        Sounds like you have some normalization plugin installed. There's no such feature built-in into RR.
        There was nothing documented on it, but i noticed my audio amps did this.
        Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

This doesn't happen for me in Mediaengine and I believe that is winamp-based also.

Comment

The deal is that other FEs based on winamp normally ship winamp preconfigured with it. I'd suggest you take a look at your winamp's plugin settings. or even, just play with it OUTSIDE RR to see if the same happens -- if it does, it's not RR, if it doesn't then I'd like you to make a debug log in RR.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
              The deal is that other FEs based on winamp normally ship winamp preconfigured with it. I'd suggest you take a look at your winamp's plugin settings. or even, just play with it OUTSIDE RR to see if the same happens -- if it does, it's not RR, if it doesn't then I'd like you to make a debug log in RR.
              Ok, thanks. I'll check it out

Comment

Ok so I think I figured it out. The initial loud volume was occurring in Winamp outside of RR so it isn't a RR problem. In the Input plugin menu, wave_out was one of the 2 plugins installed (by default I assume because I never installed it). In the options, Volume Control Enabled was checked. When I unchecked it, the volume was working fine and it worked fine in RR. Thanks for the tip about checking the plugins.

Comment

Working...
                X