Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make these Buttons?

Hi there!

As the title of my topic says... how do you make these fancy buttons for navigating inside your skins? I was used to do that in Paint Shop Pro, but it's insufficient for me now...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Toby

photoshop
    [::::::::::] 100% - Planning
    [::::::::::] 80% - Computer
    [::::::::::] 0% - Fabbing
    CarPC:
    SP13000 / 120GB SATA 2.5" / 512MB DDR
    8" Innovatek TS / Globalsat BU-353 / Engenius EUB-362 EXT
    Slot load DVDRW / PS3 Wireless Keyboard

Comment

gimp is probably capable of doing it also..... (and its free!!)
      Car Pc progress meter:
      [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
      My worklog

Comment

Hi Toby,

I use Paintdotnet (free) which is easier to use than photoshop and Gimp, with a freeware button maker called zpaint to get quick button effects.

cheers
        KPJUK
        M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
        DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

Making buttons

Welcome to the Forums! You will find many, if not most of the people on here use PhotoShop. It is a very expensive piece of software however. Gimp is free and has most of the same features as Photoshop.

Creating the buttons is usually done by selecting an area, and applying filters such as Glass, bevel and boss, drop shadows and a combination thereof.
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
          X