Log GPS coordinates to remote server from RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log GPS coordinates to remote server from RR

Anyone interested to log your GPS coordinates to the remote server from RR?
    View the location of the car in real time from any computer?

How does it work?
    RR logs current GPS coordinates (longitude, latitude), speed of the car, date and time. If internet connection is unavailable local log is created. Whenever internet connection becomes available RR sends all that information to the remote server.

Why would you want it to log that information remotely?
    1 If this car being driven by your kids (You can see where the car is and how fast it’s driving).
    2. If this car being driven by spouse you can track where he or she stopped and for how long.
    3. In case the car got stolen, you can easily track it. and contact police. (Very useful to me as my car is on the second place on the HLDI Highest Theft Claim Rate for 2003-2005 model year vehicles list)

I can display following information on my website in real time:
    1. Full car trip (path on the map)
    2. All long stops (Date and time and how long car was parked at that location, and the address of that location.)
    3. When car reached over speed limit.
    4. Current location of the car, speed and heading.

All configurable

Just a little sample

* I already have this functionality implemented in my version of Road Runner. Also, I’m looking into creating “windows service” for people who are not using RR, and of course logger for the Pocket PC users.

I am.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Yes please.
      P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution VIII View Post
        Anyone interested to log your GPS coordinates to the remote server from RR?

I already have this functionality in my version of Road Runner.
        Been there done that:
        GPSSecure - XBrady
        WhereIsMyGPS - Leddy
        PurGPSTracker - Purdoom

I personnaly liked GPSSecure because it would continually log even without internet. Once an internet connection was established it would then update the remote server with all the logs since the last update. GPSSecure would also archive logs for later viewing, as opposed to the current crop of programs which are live only. Too bad, GPSSecure is no longer functional; I think XBrady said something about porting over to handhelds for a commercial application.
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

evos all about the nativeness sounds good tho

we are still working on gaspricefinder tho arent we?
          :-P
          .______
          | '_ |__\___
          [(o)|___(o)] XB
          ._________
          | I__I I_I|_\__I
          [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception View Post
            evos all about the nativeness sounds good tho

we are still working on gaspricefinder tho arent we?
            :-P
            Yes we are I'm multitasking here. Beside, I already have this feature implemented for my own personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
              GPSSecure because it would continually log even without internet. Once an internet connection was established it would then update the remote server with all the logs since the last update
              It's a great idea! I'm already changing it in my code Actually I’m already done changing.

PS. I don’t care about replaying my own trips. Only interested to see where my car is (in real time) while it’s been driven by someone else.

Comment

PS. I don’t care about replaying my own trips. Only interested to see where my car is (in real time) while it’s been driven by someone else.
                I think it should always be logging/sending though... in case your car gets stolen ya know.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy — Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by DiNASTY View Post
                  I think it should always be logging/sending though... in case your car gets stolen ya know.
                  Or if you ever wonder: "have my wife/girlfriend really went to the gym/shopping that day..."

Comment

Great. Now you got me worried. When can we see this RR native!!?? j/k lol

Comment

So far I can display following information on my website (password protected):

1. Full car trip (path on the map)
                      2. All long stops (Date and time and how long car was parked at that location)
                      3. When car reached over speed limit.
                      4. Current location of the car.

All configurable

Comment

*Bookmarked*

Evo,

That is awesome!!! Can you elaborate a little more on how you are logging the data and sending it out? (What languages VB, asp, php etc..) Also, how are you displaying the data server side? You mentioned (path on the map). are you plugging it into the GoogleMaps API with JS or something?

F'in nice work man

Comment

Originally posted by DiNASTY View Post
                          *Bookmarked*

Evo,

That is awesome!!! Can you elaborate a little more on how you are logging the data and sending it out? (What languages VB, asp, php etc..) Also, how are you displaying the data server side? You mentioned (path on the map). are you plugging it into the GoogleMaps API with JS or something?

F'in nice work man
                          Loging using xml webservice (currently aspx C#). Displaing using advanced GoggleMas API on the server side.

Comment

Here is a little sample of how you can view the real time data from my site. I can display more stuff like: all long stops, how long car was stopped at that location, and the address of that location.

Comment

O yeah, one more thing:

Comment

Working...
                              X