sort by date in audio browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sort by date in audio browser

not sure if RR even looks at the date stamp on folders etc but can this be an option in the future via a button to resort the list?

sort by date, newest oldest in audio browser

The reason i want this is because i normally copy over 10+ albums at a time when i update my library in the car with my main lib in the house and its kind of hard to remember what all the new albums are. If i could sort by newest i could easily see all the newest albums.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

this would require extra coding ... but could be done.. though, it would definitely screw up the SKIPTO command in RR (to go to a certain letter), and it would most definitely make a mess out of the fancy flash browsers -- all of which assume the folder list is in order. My best suggestion is: Organize your albums by folder
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I would really like this featurea as well, if possible. what do you mean by "My best suggestion is: Organize your albums by folder"?
      Installed
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Exactly.. instead of just having:

C:\Music\Artist (with all of the artist songs in it -- from many albums)

Have:

C:\Music\Artist\Album1
        C:\Music\Artist\Album2
        C:\Music\Artist\Album3

OR

C:\Music\Artist - Album1
        C:\Music\Artist - Album2
        C:\Music\Artist - Album3

Or even (as in my case), have it organized by genre as well:

C:\Music\Genre\Artist - Album1
        C:\Music\Genre\Artist - Album2

Etc.. that way you'll never mix old and newer files (unless you want to).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I have been using this function for the last 6 months or so for the individual mp3 files in the audio player. I have been successful doing this with playlists that include multiple folders. I edited the CFX-Tools to sort on date in decending order vice his ascending order. My reason for this is I add music to my library every 2 weeks or less. In order to review these new aditions I can sort my playlist from the most recent addition back.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post

Have:

C:\Music\Artist\Album1
            C:\Music\Artist\Album2
            C:\Music\Artist\Album3

OR

C:\Music\Artist - Album1
            C:\Music\Artist - Album2
            C:\Music\Artist - Album3

Etc.. that way you'll never mix old and newer files (unless you want to).

Actually this IS how my music lib is layed out, not really sure how thats supposed to help me know which album is new though? I dont have any loose files.
            Also, the problem with using a date as the root folder name, you have the problem of not knowing where specific albums are located if you cant remember the date for them.

beer replenishment fund
            mp3car live search

Comment

I have my setup the same way. Artist forlder and then the albums within that artist folder. Also LS, makes a good point about Enforcers setup. If you need to find an album you would have to remember the date you added it to your system.
              If possible, there should be sort that uses the create date from the folder properties.
              Installed
              Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
              512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
              [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

So you actually want to order the FOLDERS by date, and not the files ? It ends up being a similar code, with the same side effects, but that's different than sorting the files.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

yeah, i dont need to sort the individual files at all, i just want to sort the folders in the root dir of the music lib and only when im in the audio browser screen from a button.

Since it screws up those things you mentioned above, is it possible that whenever any of those features are used it will automaticly resort the list back to the default before the action. So if you have a flash skin, it will allways see the list the the default sorting method, if you click a send to button, it resorts to the default etc. ?

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

I'm in the

Artist/Album/file.mp3 camp myself, and I would love this feature. I often add a bunch of albums at once, then want to listen to them, but can't remember which ones they are. Guino, to solve the SKIPTO problem, couldn't you just re-order the folders in alphabetical order if the SKIPTO function was called? I don't pretend to know how you coded that particular piece of the software, but I think that if you were wanting to skip to a specific letter, you would want them back in alphabetical order anyway. As far as fancy flash goes, well, I don't use it so I have no suggestions.
                    What I've been listening to
                    What I've been driving

Comment

any news on this ? have you accepted this as a feature request guino ? I think basic feature is that this is only needed in the audio browser, so it is easy to find the albums that were recently uploaded.
                      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

smoke.. have you tried my new hits plugin? It doesnt control the audio browser but it takes the newest music on the computer (within 30 days, 2 weeks, 1 week, or 1 day) and saves the music to a .m3u.
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Working...
                        X