Draft RR Help file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft RR Help file

I have been playing around with Road Runner for a while, and have had many experiences like those we all see every day on this forum. I think Guino has done an awesome job on developing this app / toolkit, and thought I would take some time out to contribute a little back.

I have taken a lot of info that comes with the RR download, and added some FAQ's and examples, and compiled a Help file. Its still an early draft so don't expect a fujlly structured answers for everything in the universe sort of document, but it is an easier way to get to the information we have at our fingertips, but sometimes just can't see.

Now I need some help from you guys.

Having crashed the data together, I now need help to confirm I have put stuff in the right order, and confirm the contents are actually true !

Guino can provide some help on this, but I suspect like me, you all think his talent is in extending the functionality. We just need to try and keep up with him !

So I guess I am looking for feedback on the strucure and content. There are several sections that are empty, notably the ini file definitions. I didn't realise their were so many of them, and just don't know what they all do, or their content, syntax, structure etc If you can fill in the gaps please feel free. All contributions no matter how small will be welcome, and will help us all to improve on a brilliant environment, Isn't that what Open Source is supposed to be about ?

This draft can be found here RRhelpv07-11-02.rar, and it is a compiled help file (.chm). If you unzip this file, then double click on the downloaded file, it will just fire up.

It would be good to get this post into its own area, so I can work on the responses, Admins can this be done ?

Though it goes against the grain guys, to say so, on this occasion, could you please

cheers
    KPJUK
    M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
    DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

looks pretty nice.. will be fun updating it :P
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Road RUnner Help File

Wow, that is looking really good! I can see you have put a LOT of work into it! This will be VERY handy as a reference for more seasoned users, as well as essential for New Road Runner users.

Great Work!
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

This is looking really good man.. I'll write a few notes of things I've noticed and send it your way soon. We should probabably get the new installshield information in place (the other one is 8 months old!).
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I spotted the installer update just after I posted this ! I am happy to get the details updated if they can be forwarded.

cheers guys
          KPJUK
          DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

I'd suggest you get in touch with W3bMa5t3r, I'm sure he'd be glad to help out and include the help file in the installer as well.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Nice work Kev.
              P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by guino View Post
                I'd suggest you get in touch with W3bMa5t3r, I'm sure he'd be glad to help out and include the help file in the installer as well.
                Yep

Comment

It doesn't seem to work for me. All I get is page not found in the help window.

Comment

Thanks guys for your kind words,

but this is only the starting point !

65coupei6 it works fine for me, and it has been downloaded 79 times so far, so I don't know what the problem could be ?

W3bMa5t3r, thanks for the PM.

Everyone, This file has been created with the freeware version of HelpNdoc, the link for this is at the bottom of every page. If you have any changes, or information to include can you please forward it to me with a header on each page describing where to make the changes ie

Installation -> Installshield

You can send it as txt, rtf, word, or zipped.

My job will generally be to cut and paste your feedback into the chm file. I also need some help on compiling a list of keywords for the file. Again format should be header of keyword, with 1 word / phrase per line

Keywords
                    Installation
                    Variables
                    /PosX
                    etc

Anyone want to be the first for changes to the file ?

cheers
                    KPJUK

Comment

Thanks W3bMa5t3r,

First blood to you !

I have included the installshield installation and a new page for the installshield updater, which will be released in v005. I agree we need to get this file included in the installshield and RR releases, so we need to tie this up with Guino to find out his release plans.

cheers
                      KPJUK

Comment

Originally posted by 65coupei6 View Post
                        It doesn't seem to work for me. All I get is page not found in the help window.
                        Same for me, tried it on two different computers...

Comment

ok, I'll host the 004 version too..
                          http://www.w3bma5t3r.com/rr/RRhelpv004.chm

I'll do the other versions as well as they come out...

Comment

The only reason I can think of is that chm's can be potentially dangerous files, so your PC might be blocking it. I will start to zip the files and see if that helps.

Check out the first post.

Thanks for the hosting W3bMa5t3r, I have made those changes to the installer, and they are now included in v005, I have also zipped the file to see if that helps users to download.

cheers
                            KPJUK

Comment

Added the v005 to the install package and updated the first post stating I've added your RR help file to the package. Just let me know when you release the new versions and I'll update the package. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X