Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding SLingbox

Has anyone ever try to embed the slingbox program to RR to watch live tv

I'm sure that wouldn't be too practical in a car...
    Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
    Built in head unit
    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
    Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

^why not im sure you have watched music videos and or movies before.. i know i have.
      Josh
      '04 WRX

Comment

Because you would need a high speed data connection in the car for it to be effective...
        Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
        Built in head unit
        Brutus 1500Watt Amp
        Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

i think i saw slingbox software running on a moto Q phone, or maybe it was something else cant remember right now. I think it was though.

Anything faster than GPRS should be good enough no?
          Doesn't sound too bad of an idea to me. If i had one i would be trying to do the same thing
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

yea either with edge service, umts, or evdo service i would think it would work fine. but what do i know
            Josh
            '04 WRX

Comment

It does work pretty well on my setup using a Bell Canada EVDO blackberry tethered via USB. Also handy when I'm meeting someone and I'm early, jump onto a wifi hotspot and catch the news.

I can't figure out how to embed it properly, but I just launch it fullscreen and close it when I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by CTS_V View Post
                Also handy when I'm meeting someone and I'm early, jump onto a wifi hotspot and catch the news.
                looks like i need something similar, that way when im late and my friend is gone, i can catch the news lol.
                Car Pc progress meter:
                [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
                My worklog

Comment

Slingplayer works fine over EVDO. I watch TV all the time on my pocket PC phone and don't see why I couldn't tether over it and watch TV. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna see how the latency is right now
                  PROGRESS: 20%[++--------]
                  Current Project: OS Config
                  Intel Mac Mini Core Duo running Win XP
                  Carnetix P-1900+PNP cable
                  Xenarc 700TSV
                  Global Sat BU-353 GPS
                  Alpine Sirius Reciever with mitchjs board
                  Car2PC adapter
                  RoadRunner
                  PhoCo

Comment

Why wouldn't it work with a slower connection? I watch My Orb over a 156K pocket PC phone all the time. It also works well embedded in RR over my slow connection. If its anything like Orb it checks the data connection speed when you login and adjusts the stream accordingly.
                    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

This will be a lot easier when HSDP is widespread.
                      I saw a PDA the other day that had a 1.8 meg broadband connection.sweet.
                      P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Video from Slingbox Website...

Gentleman on a train using a notebook and Verizon EVDO to watch a ball game through his slingbox and Tivo.

That'll do it. I've got to have one now.

http://www.slingmedia.com/us/extreme...20to%20PHI.wmv

Slick

Comment

Yes over Sprint or verizon evdo broadband that be bad yeah

Comment

Just got back from BestBuy with my new Slingbox in arm. $169.99 on sale... Took about 2 minutes to hook it up. We'll see how it works in the car.

Comment

My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder kicked in when I saw this thread this morning.

Less than 12 hours later I am loving the Slingbox integrated into my mobile CarPC system.

Connection:
                              Palm Treo 700p and Verizon Wireless Tethered EVDO

Experience:
                              A pleasant one. In fact I'm still laughing and smiling. My "passenger" was able to watch the season premier of 'The Unit' on my Mercedes Benz GL450 front Navigation screen while I drove.

It's a slick box and awesome solution. In my case I have connected the Slingbox to my TIVO at the house via S-Video and Audio cables. I then connected slingbox via ethernet to my router.

I installed the client software on my home Desktop PC first to get it up and running and tested. It looked great while running on a LAN. It took just a few minutes to configure. Then I ran out to the CarPC and installed the client. I then connected to Verizon EVDO. Using the Slingbox SlingPlayer Client I selected my Slingbox and then it presented a GUI of a TIVO remote control. Then audio starts then video starts off a bit choppy for the first few 3 - 7 seconds while the program adjusts best resolution for connection speed and Slingbox's internet upload speed.

Then away you go. I ran for about 35 minutes while driving all around with barely a stutter.

While I was watching the program I purposely disconnected my tethered EVDO connection. It appeared as if I had about 7 - 10 seconds of cached Audio and Video when I yanked the connection.

Works with just about any cable box, Satellite Receiver, DVR, DVD player etc...

Screw putting an antenna in your car for crappy analog TV when you can watch your favorite recorded show or Cable / Satellite streamed to a carpc, laptop or desktop near you.

Didn't mean to Hijack your thread TN... Back to your question:

Embedding SLingbox
                              Has anyone ever try to embed the slingbox program to RR to watch live tv

Comment

Working...
                              X