X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioSHARK v1 is now native to RR.

RadioSHARK is now native to RR.

- Available in the last RR official release (10-08-06) -

No special radio skins or plugins are required. RadioSHARK will work with the standard radio_player.skin included in most skins. However, you'll still have to patch your radioSHARK.exe.

CONFIGURATIONS (rr.ini)
    Change radiomode value to 6 (radiomode=6)
    Set path to RadioSHARK executable (RadioSharkPath=C:\Program Files\Griffin Technology\radioSHARK\ or whatever is the path on your computer)

Code:
    radiomode=6
    radiatorpath=C:\Program Files\Griffin Technology\radioSHARK\
    Extra skin commands you can add to your radio_player.skin (Not required if you not using recording functionality of RadioShark)

BUTTONS
    "RADIORECORD" - Start/Stop radio recording
    "RADIOVOL+" - Adjust radioSHARK volume up
    "RADIOVOL-" - Adjust radioSHARK volume down
    "RADIOBAND" - Change AM/FM
    "RADIOMUTE" - mute radioSHARK

INDICATORS
    "RADIOMUTE" - Indicates if radioSHARK is Muted
    "RADIORECORD" - Indicates if RadioSHARK is currently recording

LABELS
    "RADIOVOLUME" -shows radioSHARK volume
    "RADIOSTATUS" -Shows RadioSHARK status/recording status

Download RR beta version here. Please download and test. Donít forget to backup/rename your existing rr.exe.
    Download RadioSHARK patch here. Don't forget to patch you radioSHARK executable.

* Please download and test

Radio Shark Native in Road RUnner

First Post, Kewl

Very NICE!!!!! I have been using the Radio Shark plugin, and it works great! It will be very nice to have it built into RR so adding presets ect will be a snap!

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Is it no one using RadioSHARK or everybody is just too lazy to post a feedback? People it is very simple: Without your feedback it will be no official RoadRunner release that includes native RadioSHARK support!

Please leave you feedback.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of buying one but never heard anything about the reception.. If they are that good why is everyone holding out for the HCTWQ thingy?

Comment

RadioSHARK 3 times cheaper, and sound quality is better. HQCT hase better reception. I'm using HQCT myself.

Comment

I played with it for five minutes and couldn't get it to work at all. The radioshark application didn't start. The path to it was correct.

It's hard to test this because I either have to toy with it in my car on a 7" screen, or rip out my radioshark and bring it in the house. Also, the rr.exe you made doesn't have the corrected code for native IG, so even if I did get it to work, I couldn't use it yet.

I think it's funny how unpopular this whole project is too. After everything is straightened out, the radioshark will probably be the best option for a tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by deus ex machina View Post
              I played with it for five minutes and couldn't get it to work at all. The radioshark application didn't start. The path to it was correct.

It's hard to test this because I either have to toy with it in my car on a 7" screen, or rip out my radioshark and bring it in the house. Also, the rr.exe you made doesn't have the corrected code for native IG, so even if I did get it to work, I couldn't use it yet.

I think it's funny how unpopular this whole project is too. After everything is straightened out, the radioshark will probably be the best option for a tuner.
              1. That is correct. I do not have correct code for native IG. Is not released yet. Giuno will merge the IG code in to RR release.
              2. Please check the RadioSHARK path in RR.ini, it should be the same as you used for the plugin in ExecTLB.ini and if you used radioSHARK plugin, please change you radio button code on the menu.skin from "RADIOSHARK" to "RADIO".

Comment

Very glad to see this is finally Native to RR. I will try it later.
                Hardware: VIA-SP13000, M2-ATX, Voom case, HQCT, Linksys WiFi, Bluetooth, 512MB, 80GB, Dynamix 706.
                Software: XP Pro (stripped), Drivers only, Road Runner, CentriFuse, EzSync
                99% done... [never completely finished... a continuing hobby]

Comment

I use the RadioShark (and have it modded to connect to my retractable car antenna). It's not the best reception, but it works (and better than what is built into it)!

Right now I'm upgrading my carputer, and working out the new stuff I want to do with it. I will test it within a week (waiting on some parts).

Thanks!

91 Stealth RT/TT
                  CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                  Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
                  Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Originally posted by Vineet Singh View Post
                    I use the RadioShark (and have it modded to connect to my retractable car antenna). It's not the best reception, but it works (and better than what is built into it)!

Right now I'm upgrading my carputer, and working out the new stuff I want to do with it. I will test it within a week (waiting on some parts).

Thanks!
                    If you want to get your retractable car antenna working, pick up a Phidgets relay board.

Comment

Thats a great device! I just hooked it to the PS2 5v port via a tiny low voltage/amperage relay that gangs to a larger 10a relay, that just puts the antenna up if the carpc is on. I suppose you could do this with USB ports too.

With that device, you could control items like:
                      HVAC,
                      remote start (I don't trust windows XP with that though ,
                      automatic lights and/or voice command,
                      bluetooth device unlock and/or ignition instead of using a physical key (pda or cellphone paired, on, and near the car) and more! Thanks!

91 Stealth RT/TT
                      CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                      Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub

Comment

If you want the antenna to go up whenever the car is on, you can just put it on the ignition line. I have mine going up when I go into the radioshark skin.

Comment

The RadioSHARK is natively supported in official release of RoadRunner version 10-08-

The RadioSHARK is natively supported in official release of RoadRunner version 10-08-06

Comment

Schweet!

91 Stealth RT/TT

Comment

AWESOME!
                              Worked like a charm... first try. WAY easier than I expected, especially since things are rarely easy on these car PC's... Thanks so much for the patch/support.

Not sure why everyone is *****ing about the reception, seems to work just fine for me. I mean, it IS radio... And it sounds about the same as my stock head unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X