No announcement yet.

Part of embeded app shows on top of RR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of embeded app shows on top of RR?

Hi,

I have this software I would like to run and embed on RR startup and have it embedded on the menu.skin. I've added this to the rr.ini:
    startcommand=RUN;H:\projects\carComputer\dd\DDDemo .exe;DashDesignForm;

And this to my menu.skin:
    A01,0,77,800,397,""

What happens is that the app window I want to embed is embedded in the space defined - but... the application has a seperate menu bar that will show on top of the skin. (Although I've specified the window name I'd like to embed) If i go and click on minimize on the app's title window then things look ok, the window i want to embed is still where i defined. clicking on the skin will bring RR to the front, but the other software's menu comes right back.

Is there any way to prevent the menu from showing on top of rr, or somehow sending a minimize command to it?
    thanks

You can't do that if the application is Embedded -- by definition it means to keep the application in the position within (in front) of RR's skin.

If you can keep the application in the right position, then you can use "RUNQ;exec.exe;" to unembed it (so after that it will not stay in front of RR). You'd have to re-embed it if you were to hide it before leaving the screen (or hide/show it yourself)
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanks! - so I guess that there really is no easy way to send the minimize command to another window.

Would it be possible to have the other app start up automatically with windows and then hae some way to specify that a window with a certain name should be in the A frame of the skin rather than have RR start it?

Comment

You can use SHOWINDOW to show/hide a window if you want, look in skin commands.txt.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X