Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should there be an official RR skin

well the topic says it all...
    i believe we should have a standard skin for RR.. that will be updated with the new features of every new release, at the time of the release, so users who can not skin can use and test the new features instantly.. and we can all have a base that we can refer to..

I believe we should have a poll to choose a skin and then as soon as a new release comes out.. the skin would be updated..

the reason CF is more attractive to newbies, is that it looks more like a ready package.. (looks more like a RR light to me)

just an opinion..

i like the idea of voting for the default skin but then you have the matter of the skin developer being ok with updating there skin at a high rate. Personally i try to keep up with guino and any new useful plugins, but its pretty hard.
    I can understand the pain for users not knowing how to edit skins or not wanting to, some features they will never see simply because of this.

A lot of skins are unfinished, much less up to date on features and some never get finished. I was thinking about this problem a few days ago and while the RRSKineditor is a god send, none of my skins would exist without it, i think there needs to be a lot of work done in this area to make it easy as possible to edit skins and create them without having to research a lot of stuff.

some movement is happening in the area of RR setup and install with W3bMa5t3r creating an up to date RR installer and also working on a skin installer that bundles a few popular skins.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

while my skin i'm creating is nowhere near ready for this i'll say i have no problem keeping the elected RR skin updated Up to you guys tho to figure out which one will be the official
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I think BMV2 should stay the official skin of RoadRunner and be updated with new updates.

Comment

I always thought there should be a default skin as well. I think either Chuck's or LS skin should be used as default. As far as I know both of them update their skin with new features. I believe, (not totally sure) chuck's skin has most the features in it.
            Installed
            Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
            512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
            Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
            [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

see .... i believe we are ready for a poll..
              (Although i don't use it..i would vote for BMV2 too)

Comment

On the other hand Chuck and LS skins are for Advance users. Their skin has too many advance features that newbie like me has no clue what they are.
                I'll vote for BMV2 as default skin (basic skin).
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I think "BMW E36" should be a default skin. I'm personally not using this skin, but always using as the reference when creating my own. As far as I know this skin is most up to date for all RR skin commands.

Comment

I'll vote for BMV2 as default skin. The Good thing is the PSD's are available.
                    `¨`¨`¨`¨` _____||¯.\__
                    .:.:.:.:.:.:;!_(o)______(o)'i
                    TruckputerX - Vortech SuperCharger Vid
                    TruckputerX Progress Bar [|||||||||-] 90% Complete [It's never 100% done]

Comment

Originally posted by xs10x View Post
                      I'll vote for BMV2 as default skin. The Good thing is the PSD's are available.
                      "BMV2" is good simple screen and it almost identical to "BMW E36". However, it does not have full PhoneControl functionality.

Comment

Update BMV2

Basically isn’t that ware we all started or go to for reference

Simpler the better
                        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

This is a tough one...

I think the skin chooser with an installer is the way to go. My first impression with RR was this is awesome. The only thing missing (IMHO) is the ability for someone totally new to be able to successfully download and see features without searching forums and studying ini's. Getting Chuck's and LSX's skins installed via an installer and being able to see all of the incredible features would wow people.

Comment

I think this is an excellent idea. Even though the BlueDevil skin is very new I think it has a lot of potential.

Comment

glad I posted this thread.. good chat

Update BMV2

Basically isn’t that ware we all started or go to for reference

Simpler the better
                              you got a point there!

Comment

Working...
                              X