X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag-drop in Skin Editor

Changes:
    -Integrated with latest version by Profit
    -Function to add random numbers to object names (See settings in editor. This was a quick last minute thing, if you think it's stupid I'll take it out.)

---------------
    -"MEDIACAR SKIN" tag now "ROADRUNNER SKIN"
    -Full Undo/Redo (up to 20 times)
    -Ability to store comments in skins (see note)
    -Function to strip all extraneous data from skins (see settings in editor)
    -Removed /x,y,h,w,... blah blah blah lines as they would only multiply now (You can now add these yourself).

Note:
    It's difficult to save comments because RR editor only reads only what it recognizes, and then spits that out when you save the skin. It completely ignores everything else.

I rigged it to track and save comments between object definitions, but there's really no telling what will happen you add objects,--i.e. where these lines of text will end up in relation to your comments. You might find that a the new label you added in the skin editor put itself right between another line of skin code and its corresponding comment.

Another big cavet is that the order of the object definitions cannot be changed. If you've added code to a skin manually, I suggest saving with the editor once before adding comments just to let it put everything in the order it likes first. I still think this will be very useful. Stuff like this is now possible:

Code:
    /this is a shuffle indicator
    I,358,339,33,25,"SHUFFLE"

/this is a repeat indicator
    I,310,339,43,24,"REPEAT"

/that's right, mute ************
    I,313,364,157,9,"MUTE:b"

/some more indicators
    /more lines of comments too
    /lots of comments here
    /omg too many comments
    I,-3,366,157,10,"SCANMODE:b"
    I,210,1,28,27,"HEADING"
    I,541,-7,30,36,"ONLINE"

/ratings
    I,492,338,22,25,"!5starindicator"
    I,468,338,24,25,"!4starindicator"
    I,441,338,26,25,"!3starindicator"
    I,415,338,26,25,"!2starindicator"
    I,391,338,24,25,"!1starindicator"

For crying out loud, do not use this to work on anything you don't have backed up. I have not really tested this at all. It could completely ruin a skin if you do something I haven't accounted for. Let me know how it works out.
    Attached Files

nice... iwas hoping for an UNDO command in general..for everything!!

Comment

Don't know it if it's been done, but can it be coded so that unrecognised commands/codes will be left alone and not deleted?

I think the orginal skineditor deletes anything it don't recognise, so new commands disappear, or my special codes also disappear when people try to do their own versions.

Comment

Added full undo. I have not tested if for more than a minute though, I wouldn't trust it just yet. Tell me if you find something it doesn't undo.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Don't know it if it's been done, but can it be coded so that unrecognised commands/codes will be left alone and not deleted?

I think the orginal skineditor deletes anything it don't recognise, so new commands disappear, or my special codes also disappear when people try to do their own versions.

Since you are tinkering and we discussed some work arounds - could you fixe this one for us PLLLLEEEASSE

You could be deem'd a hero if you do

Comment

Originally posted by kolemieux View Post

Since you are tinkering and we discussed some work arounds - could you fixe this one for us PLLLLEEEASSE

You could be deem'd a hero if you do
            I second it!

Thanks for doing the update. Drag n Drop works great. I havn't tested the Undo yet.

Comment

i think you may have coded a feature that is already present in the latest version of the skineditor.

My version allready has drag and drop for a while now. V0.3.019

you may have been on an older version that didnt have it.
              There are quite a few additions to the .019 version like the virtual editor etc.
              You may need to ping Profit for the latest source code.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Well the drag-drop took me only a few minutes, the undo/redo became a bit of a project, so hopefully that wasn't implemented already.

More updates, see the first post.

Comment

Hello deus ex machina,

I have just tried the updated version. You have made the changes to an older version of Skin Editor. pRoFiT's version had a number of additional changes that worked well.

I like the undo, but not your drag and drop. Whenever I select an object, the object moves to the mouse position, so unless you are at position 0,0 of the object, the object jumps out of position, which is a real pain. pRoFiT's version v0.3.019 worked better. It also had a Virtual Editor, which is a great way to check and make changes on the fly, that the editor couldn't cope with. It just can't do the /commands.

Can I please ask that you PM pRoFiT, and implement your changes (not drag and drop and drop) into his later source file. This would give us the best of both worlds. pRoFiT's personal life has taken off of late, and he can't put the time in to make the Editor changes we are all looking for, and so would relish any support from those who are capable, and you clearly are !

Also, I used the latest help command file to update the objects.txt file. If this could be included in the new release, we will have made a major step forward.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86862

Well done though,

cheers
                  KPJUK
                  M1000, 512MB, 512MB CF, 6GB Disk (4200rpm),
                  DVD/RW, Dynamix 8" screen, M2-ATX, Custom case,Too many hours building and rebuilding and rebuild.......

Comment

01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Done, see changes.

Comment

Copy & Paste

Wow! the changes look great! the Undo is a GREAT addition! Especially when selecting something, that is slightlu over something else and you accidentially move what you did not intend to in the first place.

Ok, a request, that I would really like to see, if possible:

Ability to copy and paste. This would come in handy when doing lables/lists, that have numerous color, size, BG color, Foreground color, Highlighted color, unhighlited color Font, font size, font color ect ect......

To be able to copy that, and just change the command code or font lable would make life so much easier.
                        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

First and foremost I am SO excited to see someone adopting this project - the thanks is huge... I love the zoom - but a few quick questions:

- I did not see the VIRTUAL EDITOR present as LS mentions which is in the previous build (saw your see changes but grabbed load and did not see it)

- The XPOS/YPOS - is this part of the deleting garbage piece? Meaning you leave those in place and dynamic scaling which the editor had been ripping out.

- Can u or the crew explain a good purpose for Drag-Drop since I had not tested yet.

From what I can see you look to have an INI offering us some power to add into the editor correct?

Thanks again...

Many thanks - but all of these are great adds and just curious.

Originally posted by deus ex machina View Post
                          Done, see changes.

Comment

Originally posted by kolemieux View Post
                            First and foremost I am SO excited to see someone adopting this project
                            Uh, no thanks. Guys, yesterday I was editing a skin and I wanted to able to drag objects around instead of having to use the keyboard. I didn't know someone implemented that already so I did it myself. Then I got in the coding mode and worked on some more stuff. Today I just copied and pasted most of those changes into Profit's version. I have no idea what this "Virtual Editor" of which everyone speaks is. The version I got this morning was off of Profit's site. The editor suits my own needs perfectly at this point as I have zero intention of ever doing more than a little light skin editing. But if there's yet another version of the editor floating around, you can tell me where to find it and I'll update it. I doubt I'll be working on this much more. (I might change the way I did the comments, though, and do it the way Guino suggested in another thread. Maybe.)

Comment

This is the latest skin editor with a virtual editor. I think all changes should be made on this source file. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ht=skin+editor
                              Good job deus.
                              The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Working...
                              X