Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 10-08-06 .. Some requests & Better Integration support

In this version:

-Added native support to RadioShark (Thanks to Evolution VIII)
    -Added support for dynamic definitions
    -Added support for Labels based on indicator states
    -Added SHUFFLEREPEAT label code
    -Added word wrap option for standard labels
    -Added COM object to send/receive commands and data to/from RR
    -Added COM object to get GPS info from RR
    -Added option to keep Machine Time in Sync with GPS time
    -Added option to disable exit mute on shutdown of RR
    -Added OSKTOCMD and NUMOSKTOCMD commands
    -Added support to change City Weather during runtime
    -Added option to remove/change the degrees symbol for weather display
    -Added commands to write data to file
    -Fixed issue with iGNative not embedding in appropriate place
    -Fixed issue with RUN commands locking current screen if given an invalid path
    -Fixed issue with Browsing folders 'UP' from last item in list
    -Improved ExecTBL to skip empty exectbl definitions
    -Improved Web Plugin Up/Down buttons to work with favorites
    -Improved Web Plugin to support Flash
    -Improved Web Plugin to support WEBURL;<PAGE> command
    -Improved Indicators with support for variables

Changes by Robby_BMW:
    * Added "NEXT" and "PREV" commands in SMSINDETAILS.SKIN and SMSOUTDETAILS.SKIN in order to open and read the next or previous SMS without the necessity to navigate back to the SMS.SKIN. (RS200Z request)
    * Fixed issue (I hope) with EXIT command in CALL_OUT.SKIN that will go away but it will popup again after about 5-10 seconds. (b8bboi bug report)
    * Added the ability to dialing a number by a command like "DIAL_PHOCO;123456". Now is possible to add buttons on the skins to dial directly voicemail numbers, first aid numbers, girlfriend's numbers or whichever you want. (b8bboi request)
    * Fixed issue with chinese characters in phonebooks (ohiyo777 bug report)
    * Improved PhoCo shutdown when exiting from RR or sending the command "CLOSE_PHOCO".
    * Added the Sonicxtacy02 changes for people with Motorola phones and added this new option in RRConfig too.
    * Added the ability to load and handle the Internal Phonebook in the contacts skin without PhoCo running (MGD request)
    * Changed the REPLY command. Now for default the command only pastes the sender's name and number and not SMS text in the SMSOUTDETAILS.skin. However is still possible to quote the text by adding the options "quoted" to the command ("REPLY;QUOTED") (RS200Z request)

Notes:
    -Changes in skin commands and readme.txt, for COM objects interface check THIS THREAD
    -Also been working a lot on a GE plugin for RR -- check THIS THREAD for more info
    -Also, If anybody wants to continue work on the web plugin, feel free to PM me and I can send the sources. Right now I know some people have requested support to change font size (I don't believe actual zoom is possible)
    -ONE MAJOR DETAIL: You should delete rr.exe from your previous install when updating -- you should run RoadRunner.exe (new name from now on). Make sure you update any shortcuts you have. Sorry, this was a required step for COM object integration support.

There's always more to come.. enjoy it for now,
    As always, Thanks for your support,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Outstanding update I'm first!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Well I am Second! Great work

Comment

And the third one's the Charm lol Ah I was gonna be first, but posted my info in my Installer & Updater thread. Anywho, so this post isn't worthless... The updater is good to go for the new binary and the installer will be ready sometime in the morning after I get off work at 6am EST. Thanks GUINO for keeping up the great work.

/damn.. enforcer beat me to it..

Comment

sweet!! this will make my official switch to RR from Frodo...hopefully I can get it to work...
          Lexus SC400
          Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ACleanSC4 View Post
            sweet!! this will make my official switch to RR from Frodo...hopefully I can get it to work...
            Welcome to the last FrontEnd you will ever use.
            P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
              sub
              Will you stop that ? Click thread tools and subscribe you old person ... Tut ...

@Guino - Thanks for the update ( just updated my car last night with the last one lol ).... do you know if we delete the RR.exe if the updater will still work with this new file name ?

Terran
              My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet View Post
                Will you stop that ? Click thread tools and subscribe you old person ... Tut ...

@Guino - Thanks for the update ( just updated my car last night with the last one lol ).... do you know if we delete the RR.exe if the updater will still work with this new file name ?

Terran
                This was covered in the Updater/Installer thread, but The Updater is good for either filename Also, if it detects the RoadRunner.exe it will delete the RR.exe itself so there are no conflicts. As GUINO said, ensure you update your shortcuts, etc...

Comment

Installer has been updated with the new RR binary. 10-8-2006

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet View Post

Terran

Don't get a signature displayed with that

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Better backup up my 20+ RR<date>.exe's then
                      LOL...maybe its time to clean out the folder..

Great update...

Small side note, when ya planning on the getting to the extended transitions settings??
                      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Just when I thought you were working really hard on RRearth, I see you have been busy with all these other changes as well! You da man. Thank you!
                        Cali
                        02 Corvette Z06
                        CarPC: 8" Zenarc molded in dash, P3 1Ghz CPU in custom Amp/PC box. RoadRunner, IG3, XM, ODBC (HP Tuners), Cameras
                        Pics/Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X