Roadrunner GPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadrunner GPS

what GPS software should I be using with RR? is mapmonkey ok or do I need Freedrive as well?
    if I need freedrive, where do I get an updated version from, have been to the official site, but I can't see any downloadable files.
    thanks
    Richard

for Freedrive you must register first (it's free) before downloading

In RR you can use whatever you want in GPS application.

Comment

Road Runner & GPS Software

Also check out THIS THREAD. It has quite a bit of useful information, and a good idea what GPS programs have what features ect.

Also with Destinator, do a search for GaroNav, which I looks like it actually offers access tp a few more features of Destinator than FreeDrive.
      Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

have registered for freedrive, but I still cannot see any downloadable links in the download area is Freedrive what I should be using with RR then? I suppose I'm asking what integrates best with RoadRunner.

Comment

I have always liked iGuidance personally version 3 being a godsend IMO but that's the rub it's a personal preferance thing. Unless one happens to have really bad maps for your area which shouldn't really be a problem anymore (used to be a big pain). Some people even seem to like MS S&T for some reason. Here's a quick screen off my desktop setup running iG3. All the buttons are nice and big very easy to use in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by r600rkt View Post
            have registered for freedrive, but I still cannot see any downloadable links in the download area is Freedrive what I should be using with RR then? I suppose I'm asking what integrates best with RoadRunner.
            search once more, links are title of the windows. you need
            FreeDrive 1.0 Preview
            and
            12th April 06 Update

but, where do you live ? Iguidance could be a good alternative to destinator in America

Another way, you can buy 2006 destinator 6 for 2006 maps and use destinator PN. With some work, you can get this :

search "D6 windows Name" then Jennico signature to go the germanforum where you can download a version of Destinator for PC.

Comment

Nice work on the destinator there grave!
              Any chance you release your skin?

Comment

And I have tried to build in our Russian development, and here that has left from this:

the Interface of the card completely copes gerures, therefore gestures, built in in RR, should be disconnected
                What navigation seems to me unimportantly is used, depends only on preferences of the person, and to build in it is possible any...
                Attached Files
                Sonata Project [##########] 100%
                Corolla Project [##--------] 20%

Comment

ok, have now found Freedrive, will install it later, does it work better with Roadrunner than Mapmonkey? I am in the UK, so I don;t hink I guidance will work.

Comment

map monkey works nice but has no support anymore..development has stopped some time ago...now we are all waiting for Cdr to finish Freedrive 2.0. which will be able to use the new maps from destin pn and 6

Comment

How about the new Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007 in it's "Full Screen Mode"?

Comment

have tried freerive now, and can't seem to get on with it, seems a little complicated am struggling to navigate and even set my home position.
                        Mapmonkey it is for a while, although I'd rather it navigate using one search argument (ie: postcode) than three.
                        thanks fellas.
                        R

Comment

Working...
                        X